Garrosh's new model

#0 - Oct. 15, 2010, 4:03 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Headed over to Thrall's throne room the other day to see if anything was up.

The first thing I noticed was a large brown orc with giant tusks as shoulder guards standing near Thrall. It took me a minute to realize it was Garrosh.

Have you seen the new model? I'm still getting used to it but I think I like it

Those who haven't seen it yet, go check it out!

Keep in mind, let's keep this about Garrosh's MODEL, and not about his capabilities as a the leader of the Horde. Or not about LOL GARROSH OWNZ VARIAN.

So, Horde, what do you think? Can you accept this new model as your leader?
#4 - Oct. 15, 2010, 4:12 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Headed over to Thrall's throne room the other day to see if anything was up.

The first thing I noticed was a large brown orc with giant tusks as shoulder guards standing near Thrall. It took me a minute to realize it was Garrosh.

Have you seen the new model? I'm still getting used to it but I think I like it

Those who haven't seen it yet, go check it out!

Keep in mind, let's keep this about Garrosh's MODEL, and not about his capabilities as a the leader of the Horde. Or not about LOL GARROSH OWNZ VARIAN.

So, Horde, what do you think? Can you accept this new model as your leader?

Garrosh's appearance has changed by his own choice. I'd tell you more, but I can't. It would be a spoiler for the new novel coming out: The Shattering by Christie Golden.

I've always sort of liked Garrosh's brusque and direct nature. Sure, he was a little on the whiny end in Nagrand, but I think understanding that his father did have a redemptive moment sure helped.
#17 - Oct. 15, 2010, 4:24 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

That doesn't explain how Thrall and Garrosh are both Orcs, yet their new models show COMPLETELY different species :-P.

They aren't different species, different clans and different backgrounds, yes. I suggest reading up on orcish history. It's pretty fascinating stuff.
#22 - Oct. 15, 2010, 4:27 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
On to the real issue that horde players care about, where is Saurfang?

He's where he needs to be.
#69 - Oct. 15, 2010, 5:48 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

I'm looking forward to that book, I'm in the middle of lord of the clans, and for me being a hardcore alliance have found myself to be a thrall loyalist. I worry tho. Garrosh is brash, and doesn't have the same compassion for LIFE as a whole seeing that he's not a shaman (as far as I know) I am disheartened to hear that Thrall steps down leaving that Brute in his place unchecked. How many other factions of the HORDE will he himself alienate?

I think I can honestly say that this book is the best I've read yet. (The Shattering that is.)
#77 - Oct. 15, 2010, 6:09 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Is this book out yet? If not, any idea as to when it will be?

Next week. (October 19th) http://www.amazon.com/World-Warcraft-Shattering-ebook/dp/B003L785VK/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1287162510&sr=8-3
#83 - Oct. 15, 2010, 6:22 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Quick question, though. At Comic-Con earlier this year, Micky Neilson said that they were working on a short story for the official website that would delve into the relationship between Garrosh and Thrall a bit. Is that still in the works?

We definitely have more to tell and will be before too much longer. ;)
#88 - Oct. 15, 2010, 6:27 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Is it spoiling anything to come as we move forward in terms of Cata events?

No, it shouldn't. If anything it should fill in some additional information for you on what's happening now and why beyond just what is in the game (though we've included information there as well for you to piece together.)
#142 - Oct. 15, 2010, 8:59 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

No, it shouldn't. If anything it should fill in some additional information for you on what's happening now and why beyond just what is in the game (though we've included information there as well for you to piece together.)

Yeah, I'm about 3/4 through it. I would agree that if you have any interest in learning about Cataclysm at all, the events that have already now begun in Azeroth, main characters and their motives, you'd be doing yourself a great disservice by not reading it.

I'll blatantly admit that I'm not the biggest fan of some of the previous books, but I've been thoroughly enjoying this one.