Absolutely Despise the new vendor filtering

#1 - May 12, 2012, 2:12 p.m.
Blizzard Post
It wouldn't be so bad, if you put back in the option to look at and purchase all items, but to limit my ability to buy gear for another toon is absoluting rediculous and it feels like almost a case of class warfare.

Some say that plate wearers can purchase anything at a vendor because they can wear cloth, leather, mail and plate, but the vendors are not showing all these options. Also they limit looking at weapons to those you can use.

Basically, it is like Blizzard thinks we are all Ditzyblondes and can't figure out what kind of gear we need for our class and specification. We are not dumb, Blizzard. If we are buying gear that is not class specific, what is it to you????? Are you going to extrapolate out to put these same restrictions on AH purchases??? Are we moving toward a Dictatorship over a simple thing such as purchasing armor and or weapons?

Loosen up your grip on the short hairs, and open the vendors up to function as they used to. If you want to add in this additional feature of filtering, no one would mind, but censoring our purchasing abilities is JUST WRONG AND DOWNRIGHT INSULTING.

Humbly,

A not-so-ditzy-blonde.
Forum Avatar
Game Designer
#15 - May 15, 2012, 11:29 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Some of the vendors have so many items that they literally would not fit in the current UI. There is a max page size that is something reasonable. Now we could expand the number of pages a vendor shows, but honestly that doesn't seem like the best answer just so you could scroll through 22 pages of BoP gear to reach the plate armor that you can actually use.

It is intended that BoE or BoA items are always visible regardless of class. It sounds like that just isn't implemented yet.

We also need to do some additional polish to make sure the vendor remembers what your current filter settings were, at least for the current vendor or play session or something that will feel intuitive.
Forum Avatar
Game Designer
#100 - June 20, 2012, 12:03 a.m.
Blizzard Post
We are talking more about adding an "All" option for vendors for players who want transmog gear, RP gear or want to see what is available for friends or alts. We'd still default to showing just class gear because we think that's more useful for the typical case.
Forum Avatar
Game Designer
#102 - June 20, 2012, 1 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Talking? as in, it is 50% confirmed? 70%? 100%?

I keep toning down my language, because if I say "there is a very, very, very small chance we might do X" then when we fail to do X the reply is "GC breaks promise again!"

It's something we would like to do and are actively working on but the actual work hasn't been completed yet and in cases like that there is always a chance that a problem may arise forcing us to reconsider.