Inactive guild master replacement. Really?

#1 - May 14, 2012, 2:45 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Does Blizzard thinks people have no life but to play WoW daily? What if i go on a vacation or i get sick and don't play WoW for a few months? Everything i have in WoW is on my guild all my money all my mats.... and all the time and effort i put in to lvl my guild almost by myself!!! All that gone given to someone i don't even know and i can't get it back!! Really?
Looks like a have no choice but to kick all the guild members if i ever go on vacation, or something.
Blizzard needs to make this an option for the GM if he wants to pass leadership in his/her absence. Not all guilds exist for the same reasons. Or simply eliminate this. Why does the GM needs to be active? Officers have the power to do everything the GM can. The GM is just the owner; he does not need to be logged in order for member to play their game...
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#26 - May 14, 2012, 7:34 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Does Blizzard thinks people have no life but to play WoW daily? What if i go on a vacation or i get sick and don't play WoW for a few months? Everything i have in WoW is on my guild all my money all my mats.... and all the time and effort i put in to lvl my guild almost by myself!!! All that gone given to someone i don't even know and i can't get it back!! Really?
Looks like a have no choice but to kick all the guild members if i ever go on vacation, or something.
Blizzard needs to make this an option for the GM if he wants to pass leadership in his/her absence. Not all guilds exist for the same reasons. Or simply eliminate this. Why does the GM needs to be active? Officers have the power to do everything the GM can. The GM is just the owner; he does not need to be logged in order for member to play their game...

The idea of this feature is that in many cases, a guild leader will leave for a time and there's no contingency for someone else to be able to handle the guild if that guild leader chooses not to return (or whatever other issues may occur). Many guild members who experienced missing guild leaders made it clear that they wanted a means by which they could gain control of a guild if the guild leader went missing or was gone for a long while.

We've adjusted the length of time until this occurs as well as changed the eligibility for this to get passed along both. You can see the details in the following post: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4488479071

If you're on vacation for a few months, the update gives you 90 days now instead of the original 30 days.