The Black Market AH only caters to the 1%

#1 - May 14, 2012, 4:23 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Although I personally do not agree with the BMAH (having a number of TCG and rare spawns) I understand why it will most like be coming into existence in Mists.

It would seem to me that since the Dalaran repair mammoth, some years ago, that Blizz has been trying to come up with a way to create a MASSIVE gold sink for those that have multiple gold capped toons. I think that the BMAH is their response to this. I mean I guess it makes sense to serve this purpose, but it would be nice for there to be some type of RNG available that would make it more beneficial to the larger player base, since not everyone will have the ~247,000 gold to spend on an Ashes of Alar mount.

Although I do not know much about the BMAH, it *seems* to me that the list of available items is randomly generated on a daily/weekly basis. It would be nice if some of these items 'occasionally' had buyouts attached to them, for a stupidly low amount. So that random players could get lucky from time to time.

tldr: Although I do not personally support the BMAH, please make it employ some type of buyout RNG to allow for all player to have access to certain items listed.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#85 - May 14, 2012, 7:20 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I'll post the same thing here that I did on the Beta forum:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4927283213?page=23#443

It's worth noting that since we're in beta, we're still looking into what our philosophies are for what should and what shouldn't be on the Black Market. We're also trying to discern the frequency/rarity of what shows up there as well.

Again, I want to reinforce that we are in beta and the most helpful sorts of discussions everyone can have is simply in sharing constructive feedback about what you're experiencing with the new features and what you'd like to see or not see.

Once there is more information about how this all works, we'll provide more insight into it.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#96 - May 14, 2012, 7:38 p.m.
Blizzard Post
This topic is about how the BMAH caters to people with alot of money... How is

relevant?

The two topics are discussing the same system but different concerns.

He was just expanding on the subject. He noted that several things arent concrete, from the details to the overall purpose of the system. The question of who it caters to is impossible to answer (without speculation) until it is implemented in game.

"She" But you get the meaning. ;) When we can share more about what we're going for and how it will all work, we will. It's not a deeply shrouded mystery, and you get the general gist, but as it's still in testing to begin with, it's hard to go into details about something that we don't have details for aside from what we think we want to try out. (And we don't plan to share that currently. We prefer to test and see first. )