[Priest] Holy Concentration: what's the plan?

#1 - May 4, 2012, 5:24 p.m.
Blizzard Post
So, we're now into (at least) the third build since Holy Concentration mysteriously vanished. While I'm currently able to complete content, I definitely feel it missing.

I had been assuming that it had been removed temporarily while you redesigned it, but as I said, we're now into the third build - and not only is there still no Holy Concentration, but there have been no major changes to holy priests at all.

The other option, of course, is that you might be in the process of removing all of the 'extra' mana regen abilities and rebalancing around Meditation alone. But that doesn't seem to be happening either; Water Shield/Resurgence, JotP, and Revitalize/OOC are all very much alive, and Rapture is limping along.

So I was just wondering if we could get some communication about what the actual plan is. These tea leaves are hard to read :)
Forum Avatar
Game Designer
#20 - May 5, 2012, 12:11 a.m.
Blizzard Post
It's not the number of mechanics that is important (so long as everyone has sufficient flexibility). What is most important is what is the overall mana per time regen that the various healers have, taking into account all of their various mana regen systems (and including factors such as paladins casting several mana-free spells).

If you think one healer is struggling for mana compared to another, let us know. One mechanic we are still adjusting a lot is Rapture, because we want to make sure that the worst-case mana regen scenario for Disc still isn't all that bad.