Very concerned about Feral (cat)

#0 - Oct. 8, 2010, 3:58 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Hello all,

It has been brought to my attention of where feral DPS and PvP is going when patch 4.0.1 arrives, not only is Armor penetration being removed but feral AP too? this is going to destroy feral DPS in PvE for a long time if something isn't changed soon.

As the title mentions above, I'm very concerned the removal of Armor penetration and feral AP, what are feral druids going to do without being forced to play another spec or role? As for PvP, if our shapeshifting is going to cost alot and our innervate nerfed then what is the point of having an instant if we can't efficiently use it?

Feral druids have small mana pools and the new innervate design isn't going to help feral PvP in any great way, but may one extra heal.

So I ponder why we're getting the nerf stick along with some other melee classes, are there any plans to fix this before the release of cata?

Something really needs to be done to help us scale with other classes.

~Nála
#61 - Oct. 8, 2010, 11:27 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Agility is a lot better then Mastery. The theorycrafting has already been done by others. Agility will most likely always be better then mastery. Agi increases our bleed damage AND our other attacks. It also gives us crit. Mastery really only buffs our bleeds. Unless we somehow manage to crit cap in Cata agility will always stay better then mastery.

The primary stats (strength, agility, intellect or stamina for tanks) are nearly always going to be more powerful than the secondary stats. That's the primary reason why you can't refoge them. With the exception of gems and enchants, you don't have a ton of flexibility in stacking your primary stats on gear -- they come at pretty set ratios to item level. You can choose to just gem all primary stats, or you can get fancy with the orange, purple and green gems since socket bonuses are more powerful in Cataclysm.

It's a bigger problem if either haste, crit or mastery are of wildly different value for a given spec.
#62 - Oct. 8, 2010, 11:29 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
I'm fairly concerned with the lack of attention given to feral threads at this point. Warlocks can complain about a nerf or a change,and they'll get a response near instantly. Blizzard will respond about macros not working properly in tree form, but they'll ignore any comment on feral mechanics or dps issues. At least other melee can get negative attention by complaining and calling blizzard incompetent. Maybe the feral community just isn't vocal enough or doesn't lower themselves to those standards.

Please do not complain about where we post. Crying in general is fairly unattractive.