Holy Paladin Changes (13117)

#0 - Sept. 30, 2010, 10:38 p.m.
Blizzard Post
According to MMO-champion:
Q u o t e:
* Exorcism base damage increased by 50%.
* Protector of the Innocent now has proper Rank 2 and 3 values, base healing is now [1240.83 to 1427.62] / [2481.66 to 2855.24] / [3722.48 to 4282.86]

I can only hope that the PotI buff means we're getting some sort of Spirit Link-esque multi-target AoE Hand of Sacrifice/heal.

Are we just going to be incredibly overpowered in PvP at the cost of being viable in PvE, only to have our PvE capabilities nerfed at the expense of PvE several months after release?

Are supposed to use our two taunts in order to effectively heal party members in 5-mans and raids?

I'm just really confused as to what the thought process behind holy paladins is right now. What's the point of all this self-healing when all of the reasons for us to be in melee range no longer exist in Cataclysm?
#180 - Oct. 5, 2010, 12:41 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Beacon isn't going anywhere. We think the Cataclysm implementation is in a good place between never wanting to heal the tank and always wanting to heal the tank.

We changed Protector of the Innocent to make the talent feel less like Divinity not because we were trying to band-aid any real or imagined paladin problems as some of your conspiracy theories suggest. :)

If, as some of you think, Holy paladin throughput is low, then we'll buff it before it goes live. It will be easier to make direct comparisons between healing specs once more folks (besides us I mean) are testing raids. And by direct comparisons, I don't mean who wins the meters. :)