[Feedback]Ji Firepaw Part 3

#1 - April 15, 2012, 4:24 p.m.
Blizzard Post
This is a continuation of the first and Second threads:

First Thread: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4427563774?page=1
Second Thread: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4427534790?page=1

Here was my original post:

Why Blizz? Why would you remove the "You are some kind of gorgeous aren't you?" line from Ji. It made his character unique. It wasn't sexist. It made him stand out from the other npc's. The line you gave him is so boring now. "You seem poised and ready".

I know only a couple people complained about him being flirty. But that was just silly caving to them. Just because some guy on wow insider got offended, most people were alright with his line. I implore you to please change it back.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit: Alright just so folks know what is going on in this thread. We've got some ideas flowing that could bring Ji back up to where he was, with a few line additions. Here they are:

By: Trilliam
My first starting Pandaren is male, so I didn't see this remark from Ji, yet. I'm female irl, however, and would not have been offended.

I do understand an objection to Ji complimenting females on their looks and males on their strength, though I also consider it extremely unimportant in the game. If it is considered desirable to change it, however, I suggest adding to the dialogue, rather than subtracting.

To the females, Ji could continue to say, first, the "some kind of gorgeous" line, and add, "and a tough cookie, too, I can see."

To the males, he could continue to say the line about strength, and add something about betting that the girls liked the character lots. (Most of you devs are guys, I think, so whatever a man would say to another man about being chased by the girls, without being obscene.)

Something like that would keep the interesting flavour of Ji's character . . . and will probably have even more Pandaren choosing Horde ;o{ so you'll have to brush up Aysa's lines, too.

By: Attiliana
I'm definitely still all for keeping the Artistic Integrity of ji Firepaw. To me, he had so much more life than Aysa. If anything, Blizzard should have been trying to instill that kind of character in Aysa...Not taking it away from Ji. I understand she's the calm and collected one but you can portray calm and collected and still have a good personality. Please Blizzard, give it back....

I agree with the person who said they should be adding to the line and not taking away from it.

"Well aren't you some kind of Gorgeous?! Pretty impressive work with those Sprites over there too! I can tell we are going to be great friends!" would be perfect.

And this one is by me:
<Ji Firepaw looks you over>

Well look at you! You are some kind of gorgeous huh?! I saw what you did with the sprites. As you can see we got monkey problems. Ready to get your hands dirty? I bet we will be good friends!

Edit: My latest suggestion:
<Ji Firepaw looks you over>

Nice job with the sprites. I saw how you helped that cart driver. You definitely have a lot of fire in you, and you are gorgeous to boot! But as you can see, we got a bit of a monkey problem. Ready to get your hands dirty? I suspect we will become good friends!

By: Ashirana
Hey there <name>! I saw how you dealt with those sprites, and saved that cart driver. You sure have some fire in you, and you're gorgeous to boot! As you can see, we've got a bit of a monkey problem. Ready to get your hands dirty? I bet we'll be good friends!

Changed it a wee bit, feel free to split words apart if you want. I veered slightly away from my own version, but yeah, from what you've stated that's where I'd set it.

By: Tastymanwich
"Wow, arent you some kind of gorgeous? I saw how you handled the sprites over there, i think you and i are going to be good friends."

By: Mossclaw
Change the quest text for Quest 11: Ji of the Huojin

Another of my most talented students, Ji, is awaiting you in Wu-Song village to the northwest. He is of a different quality than Aysa, but when their differences are tempered with each other, there is balance.

Although boisterous and irreverent when on his own, I would have you work together on gathering the offerings for the spirit of fire. He has a true heart. Trust in his wisdom.

The hand in would revert to the original dialog.

By: Stomination
Female
Hello there, you sure are a gorgeous and strong <insert class>. I bet all of they guys notice you. To bad I already have eyes on someone else, but perhaps we can become good friends fighting side by side.

Male
Hello there, you sure are a muscled and strong <insert class>. I bet all the girls notice you.
Perhaps we can become good friends fighting side by side

By: Shirolol
Aysa should be in stark contrast to Ji. If anything, they should make her more of the mothering type that tries to stop him from being stupid and putting his foot in his mouth all the time.

One of those, smack him in the back of the head type of characters after he says something dumb. Yin and Yang as many have pointed out already if you will

Aysa being driven to drink by having to deal with Ji on a daily basis would make for an interesting exchange between the two. It could even make Ji pine for her more, as pandarians do love their alcohol and perhaps he could find it attractive (GASP!!!), a female who enjoys her panda beers as much as he.

Aysa is the voice of reason and intelligence, the guiding light for Ji. That should make the women who like strong female characters happy and those of us who enjoy the tongue n cheek comedic approach blizzard takes with characters pretty content. It also opens up a larger area of development to take both characters.

If you got any other replacement line suggestions, please feel free to share them
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#180 - April 16, 2012, 1:40 a.m.
Blizzard Post
This thread is locked due to it becoming derailed by far too much hostility directed at others rather than remaining on topic.

http://battle.net/community/conduct