Is it ok to talk numbers yet?

#0 - Sept. 29, 2010, 6:25 p.m.
Blizzard Post
No, i don't have a beta key. Playing on the PTR though i'm starting to get concerned with damage numbers.

For example:

Ele shamen lava burst hitting for over 16k crits every time...and they still get an auto crit right?

Emoliate hitting me for 13k +

Fire mage dots ticking for 5k +

Shadow word death for 14k +

Arcane shot back to back to back to back for 8K each

8k Ice Lance (yea i was frozen)

I'm not saying these numbers are neccessiarly too high.....as I understand that people are using new abilities on old Stam numbers.....just like every expac. But my concern is that instant cast abilties and abilties with litle to no ramp up time are hitting sooo much harder than other abilties that require a large ramp up time.

I just hit a shammy with a 3 holy power TV for 3.5k. Its kinda hard to stack up 3 holy power in a bg...and the ability is hitting for 1/4 or 1/3 of abilties with no ramp up time........ewww not fun at all.

I understand this is all kinda screwy based on reforging and is very gear dependant by my gear isnt that bad. Full Wrathfull Offset, 2 piece wrathfull, 3 peice relentless....

Is anyone with beta access seeing anything different now that arena is open?

Have we had a real damage pass yet?

#13 - Sept. 29, 2010, 9:02 p.m.
Blizzard Post
It's always okay to talk numbers. If something seems out of whack to you, bring it up. What is not helpful are the "my class is doomed" posts when damage on beta is too low.