Website unable to make request from Battlenet

#1 - Feb. 27, 2012, 3:02 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I'm creating this topic as recommended by the customer service representative for my ticket (US24549300).

Problem: Machine is unable to access any battle.net website ["connection refused"] and (specifically) the armory.

Background:

Since the official armory no longer supports a ladder for level 70 characters, players in the TBC community have taken it upon themselves to create a "fansite" (twinkranking.com) with our own unofficial ladder to track arena teams and rated battleground achievements. The website relies on information gathered from the armory, so without being able to connect to the battle.net website it is broken.

I believe a previous coder may have been submitting a large amount of armory queries with too great a frequency and the domain was blocked - the site hasn't been able to update in up to 2 months. It isn't the intention to flood the website with requests, but rather just keep things up to date; I was hoping to get the server unblocked and learn what frequency of requests is acceptable to prevent it from happening again.

I can try to include any additional information (IP address, etc) as needed, but would prefer not to have to post it in a public forum.

Thanks.

Original THread: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4079874621
Forum Avatar
Web & Mobile Team
#2 - Feb. 27, 2012, 4:09 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Have you emailed api-support@blizzard.com yet?