PTR Damage out of control

#0 - Sept. 14, 2010, 1:52 a.m.
Blizzard Post
I made a post on the PTR forum and I felt I should link to it from here, as it pertains the future of anyone who cares for the content in this forum.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=26726017166&postId=267234231927&sid=1#0

Drop by and leave your two cents. Damage as a whole seems to be going out of control. Drop off your before and after average DPS' on training dummies, and your experiences in content with it.
#22 - Sept. 14, 2010, 11:55 p.m.
Blizzard Post
When the class changes go live, damage is going to be very high relative to health for level 80 characters. We are spending most our PvP balancing effort at level 85, since that by far is what matters most to players. The health pools at 85, decaying combat ratings (because you'll be going from tier 3 gear to tier 0 gear), extra talent points and the 3 new abilities make a huge difference overall.

Since the current PvP season will end when these changes go live, they shouldn't have a lasting impact on ratings, titles and the like. We are prepared to just drop a temporary player damage nerf on all BGs and Arenas if necessary just so things don't feel too silly until everyone can level up to 85.

How things feel at 85 is of far more importance to us. We fully expect to see a lot of posts from freaked out players who imagine 85 will feel just like 80, but it won't. The gain in survivability is substantial.
#115 - Sept. 15, 2010, 6:47 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
here I was thinking it was because the damage pass hadn't happened yet, afterall some specs are still hitting like wet noodles (mine). Please say the damage pass hasn't happened!

It hasn't. Off the top of my head, Fury warriors and Feral druid damage seems low. BM hunter damage seems high. There are probably others. You'll start to see more number tweaks over time, especially as more players get to 85 on the beta that we can compare to our internal testing.