The way to go with rogues, im pretty sure.

#1 - Feb. 23, 2012, 11:32 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I really think rogues need some kind of nerf, this is what is bothering me and my guild/friends on wow:
Problems:

Recuperate - I dont think recup heals to much, i just think that the talent Impoved Recup hlps to much. It boots their damage AND heals them, so recup makes a rogue more aggressive AND defensive at the same time, no other class has that, so why should a stunning/blinding/high bursting uncatchable rogue need it?I also think the energy gain should get a 50%, yes 50% nerf or atleast take more talent points to get it. Its like a warrior gaining 12 rage every 3 seconds, dont you think thats a little over the top? Yes most people do, but with rogues it seems like no isue at all.

Survivability - I think the rogues survivability isnt OP, but its still annoying. Against casters he will easily get a full reset and just stay in stealth forever if he wants, so for casters in 2s and 3s its usually not the main option of going for the rogue. Although against warriors, druids or whatever class that has a bleed, i think the rogues are fine. To get the bleed off they would have to trinked and vanish and im pretty sure no rogue will do that.I think recup is way to defensive and offensive at the same time, so might wanna look into this.

Slows - I DEFINITALY think rogues need a slight nerf on their Cripling poisons. Today i was playing 2s and 3s with my warrior, whenever i tried to go for the healer it was hopeless, i could never reach him cause of the constant 70% slow. U might wanna say thats because a warriors mobility is crap, well i think its the poison. Hunters have a hard time getting away, palas (without freedom ofc) cant get away, same thing for any dk or druid or whatever.

Burst - The way rogues can burst these days i thnk isnt to OP, though i think backstab shouldnt deal damage the way it does. With shadow dance and a simple bomb (both only on a 1 min cd) its pretty easy for a rogue to completely nuke, stun and kill any target. Im also 100% sure any class will go defensive once they hear: Shadowdance, Smoke Bomb in a row.

Solutions:
Recuperate - In my opinion, rogues gain to much energy - and with that damage with this ability. I think Improved Recup should have a 20-50% nerf on energy gain, or just needs more talent points to put in. Every player who versuses a rogue without using recup knows 1 thing for sure: i wont get constant huge burst, so il survive longer. The rogue wont outheal my dots, so il actually do damage with them.

Survivability - I think the vanishes etc of a rogue are fine, although its the reason rogues are mostly not the main target for casters. But i think its just fine, casters SHOULD have a very hard time killing rogues, but not melee. I think their survivabilty is kind of fine, although a rogue DOES have alot, alot more ways (compared to any other class) to remove, lower, dodge or just ignore damage. So in my opinion, just do the recup nerf.

Slows - If i want to kill a healer with my warrior and i cant even touch him cuase of this poison, i think it is OP. My suggestion: Make it stackable or just nerf it. I think every stack of Cripling poison, slowing the target for 10% per stack up to 70%, is just the way to go. WHen it has reached 70%, make it last for 15 sec orso, and than need to be restacked. I think this way, all the problems around kiting rogues is solved.Or you can nerf it, if so, i would say nerf it to 50% just like any other slow in the game. Its just to easy to apply and it never gets of you.

Burst - Do the recup nerf and i think rogues will be fine.You can troll on my idea's, although im sure they will balance alot. U might say its not enough, well than just learn playing your class. ROgues are very annoying every1 knows that, but do know when a rogue stuns you, he wastes a 30k+ crit. Yes in arenas it makes a huge difference, a 6 sec stun every 24 seconds while the other dps nukes the target. But in my opinion thats fine, they exchange damage for a stun, thats how the class works and how it should work. THats why im really hoping recup gets a nerf, as while in a 6 sec stun, rogues actually exchange alot less damage, and do more.

I hope people will look into my opinion and read/comment about it. Mostly i hope a blizz GM will read it (every1 wants that ofc). But reading other comments, i think this is the way to go.
Forum Avatar
Community
#13 - Feb. 24, 2012, 10:37 a.m.
Blizzard Post
While we understand that you would like to create your own thread on this matter, it is always best to channel feedback on a single topic into one thread. We can see that you have already posted about this in the already active rogue discussion, I recommend that everyone who also wishes to have input for this discussion posts there :)