4.0.1 Resilience changes should not go live!

#0 - Sept. 14, 2010, 8:49 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Let's compare for the sake of argument the stats of Live vs. 4.0.1 Resilience.

My priest: 1426 resilience.

LIVE:
15.13% less chance to be critically hit
33.00% less critical damage or mana burned
30.25% less damage taken overall by players, pets, minions.

4.0.1:
20% less damage taken overall by players, pets, minions.

Now I understand that the change is going forth so that critical hits become more viable, etc.
But why did damage taken overall go down as well? Surely this number should be boosted not lowered!

Something like

1426 resilience = 30% less damage taken including crits would be more like it.

Right now in 4.0.1 Resilience just feels terrible and not even worth having over PVE gear.
Furthermore PVE Gear on the same levels is sporting more Stamina than PVP gear!!!

Now I know things aren't final, and are still in testing. So be it. But please oh please don't make the current resilience go live, not with 30k health pools and people nuking others for 6-16k damage with ease (4.0.1.)
#21 - Sept. 14, 2010, 11:18 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
20% less damage taken overall by players, pets, minions.

For now, just imagine that it's N less damage taken. The salient point is that resilience will no longer affect crit chance. We don't like the crit (and talents based on crits, etc.) are devalued in high resilience environments.

Health pools grow enormously going from level 80 to 85. Resilience needs to be strong enough that it's still an attractive stat for PvP gear, but you won't blow up in one or two globals* even with low resilience.

* - If you let someone build up towards one of their very powerful attacks, then you deserve what you get. But you shouldn't need to worry about dying the second combat starts unless you're decently outnumbered.