No Blizzcon - Cancelled in 2012?!

#1 - Jan. 25, 2012, 1:49 p.m.
Blizzard Post
http://us.battle.net/blizzcon/en/blog/4338369/2012_Battlenet_World_Championship_Event-1_25_2012#blog
In light of our jam-packed schedule, we’ve decided to hold the next BlizzCon in 2013.

I don't even attend Blizzcon and I am extremely sad about this.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#212 - Jan. 25, 2012, 5:45 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Yeah it's a bit disappointing because we all really do enjoy being able to 'open the doors' so to speak. But, it is an enormous effort by all employees, including our game designers and artists, not to mention customer support and quality assurance, PR, our business departments, and *hot breath on fingernails & shirt rub* Community & eSports to make a BlizzCon happen. In a year when we're working to release multiple titles (knock on wood) it makes sense to focus our efforts. Also with multiple game releases we just wonder if we'd be at a point with any of them where we'd have anything really big or new or cool to talk about.

We didn't have a BlizzCon in 2006 either, and at that time we were really strong on the idea that BlizzCon isn't really supposed to be and doesn't have to be an annual event. Of course then we have it for five straight years in a row... which obviously built some expectation.

Personally I always enjoy seeing the excitement, the rushing crowds, hearing the clicking of mice on the demo stations, and waiting in agony as the seconds countdown to an announcement and then the waves of emotion from the crowd that follow it. But thinking about our year and what we're trying to get done already without a BlizzCon, and having to think pretty hard about what we'd have to announce or demo, it just makes sense to me not to have one.

Here's to the Battle.net World Championship, it's going to be awesome, and to a bigger and better BlizzCon in 2013.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#246 - Jan. 25, 2012, 6:15 p.m.
Blizzard Post
01/25/2012 10:04 AMPosted by Kaltanna
Also with multiple game releases we just wonder if we'd be at a point with any of them where we'd have anything really big or new or cool to talk about.

I hope I'm reading and interpreting this incorrectly.

I'm not sure how you're reading and interpreting it. But it's good to have hope.