Balance - Is it bias or just that hard?

#1 - Jan. 20, 2012, 6:44 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I posted this to start in the healer role forum, because the linked article relates to healers in particular. But it has broader application, and so I thought I would seek the insights and thoughts of others, and so:

Most long time players already know how balance is in this game. There is class and spec balance, which most all are cognitive of, but there is also role balance. Just my opinion but balance in all these is more an aspiration than a reality.

As for healers in DS, take a look at this article if the subject of healer balance interests you:http://wow.joystiq.com/2012/01/17/shifting-perspectives-probing-healer-balance-in-dragon-soul/

I wonder whether the imbalance we have seen since day one through to the present is the result of the personal bias of the people programming it, whether it is some sort of rotational favoratism, whether it is people that are just not that skilled, or not working very hard at it, or whether it is truly just that hard and difficult a thing to achieve.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#20 - Jan. 24, 2012, 4:17 p.m.
Blizzard Post
GC has been pissed at resto shamans since they were stacked heavily in Sunwell. He has made remarks and references to it repeatedly.

It plays out to this day. Maybe in another 4 years he'll get over it.

http://twitter.com/GC_Uncut

GC_Uncut Greg Street
The heroic Sinestra kill didn't have a shaman. Looks like time warp killed the shaman spot. Consider it crabby kharma for sunwell stacking.
20 Jan 11

I just want to make sure that anyone who comes along and reads this thread understands that the above Twitter feed "@GC_Uncut" was not operated by Ghostcrawler, or anyone else at Blizzard. It looks like its' owner gave up months ago, but before that, he or she was making jokes.

The jokes made by an anonymous player on Twitter should not be held high as though they actually represent what Ghostcrawler or anyone else wishes for the game.