Got scammed from a tiger seller

#1 - Jan. 23, 2012, 6:01 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I got .......scammed from a spectral tiger seller...I will. Start to cry now ahhh this <snip> don't feel he don't have heart?! he asked for half price before he use code I gived him after that this dude logged off! I have screen shots for chat im now waiting a friendly GM aswer this guy name <snip> his main name <snip> I think
Forum Avatar
Customer Service
#44 - Jan. 24, 2012, 2:53 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Alrighty then, time to get to the FACTS of the matter now. No judgement, no assumptions, no arguments, just facts and a little bit of good advice for the OP.

We do indeed have a Real vs. Virtual Transaction policy which prohibits the purchase of real-world items for in-game currency and vice-versa (links for reference below). Generally we do not assist victims who lose out by violating this policy as that would be a tad hypocritical. We will, of course, take appropriate action on the offender's account, but it is highly unlikely we will be able to recover any losses incurred.

Reminder: Real vs. Virtual Transaction Policy
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/900641025

Policy Spotlight – Scams
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/900711104#6

However, this particular case does not fall under that policy. Being as these particular items are Bind on Equip now, it is very rare for a player to be scammed during a purchase. Despite Alaned’s best efforts at trying to eliminate the possibility of being scammed out of his hard-earned gold, his over-eagerness and love of the mount got the better of him and while many of us realise that the situation was avoidable, I feel genuinely sorry for him and completely understand the course of action based on the sequence of events.

Basically, he was trading for the in-game item NOT the code/card, but the seller requested in-game currency up-front as they had not yet claimed the code. This was, of course, a complete load of donkey twaddle and there was an obvious prolonged malicious intent to scam poor old Alaned here. Therefore, we were able to recover the lost gold for Alaned.

Yes, I know, we are awesome. But, I hope that everyone reading this thread has learned a valuable lesson here. While we will do our best to act as your last resort safety-net, this sort of situation is easily and completely avoidable. The Spectral Tiger is a rare and beautiful creature, but we strongly urge everyone to remain patient in their hunt and use traditional trading methods for Bind on Equip items. It will make everyone’s lives so much easier.

Have a nice evening.