WoW is dead to me

#0 - Aug. 31, 2010, 5:26 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Ok, so I've been a big wow player since it first came out, but after the hype of Burning Crusade died down, and my old guild started to shrink, I took a break for a while. Warhammer, LOTRO, none of those games can come close, so I find myself back here again. My main account is hacked, so end game is no real option, I come back to twink. Here is my point...

No more twinking? Dang... Twinking has been my main forM of entertainment from the start. I'm not worth a crap in end game, and I'm tired of leveling, so what's a guy supposed to do? Unless there's some loophole to do BG's without getting exp, I guess I'll be $15 richer this month...
#14 - Aug. 31, 2010, 5:48 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
My main account is hacked...

If you believe your account (or one of your accounts) has been compromised, Kippers, then I would encourage you to contact in-game support. In case you're unfamiliar with this process, there's a stickied guide in the Customer Service forum that will walk you through each step, from re-securing your account to recovering virtual property: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=24702231244&sid=1

Q u o t e:
Unless there's some loophole to do BG's without getting exp...

Actually, depending on the faction of the character you're interested in playing, you can visit "Experience Eliminators" located in either Orgrimmar or Stormwind to completely disable experience gains for a small fee. Once you've turned off your character's experience gain, though, when queuing for Battlegrounds, you will only be grouped with other characters who have also disabled their experience gain.

Hopefully, with the assistance of in-game support, you'll have the option to do both: continue playing at end game or explore disabled experience gains with one of your lower level characters. :)
#34 - Aug. 31, 2010, 7:23 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
i am still trying to figure out how one opens a ticket on a hacked account when it's hacked.

There's several methods, actually. One can phone our Account Services hotline (1-800-59-BLIZZ), email wowgm@blizzard.com, or complete the following web form: https://us.blizzard.com/support/webform.xml?locale=en_US

Q u o t e:
But to me, he clearly knows that non-XP BG exists. His words "no more twinking" could mean to imply that he can't get any non-xp BGs going. So he wants to have a "loophole" to do the normal BGs, without gaining xp.

It makes sense.

I can see that.

Either way, knowing how and where one can disable experience gains is useful information to have, and perhaps someone reading along was (or will be) able to benefit from this discussion. A girl can hope, right? ;)