Please fix warriors

#1 - Jan. 10, 2012, 6:26 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I just started playing my warrior again to see if anything had improved to make them more compatible in arenas, and if they are any fun to play.

so basically this is a post about some of the huge issues which warriors have in arena atm, I am aware that they allready fixed charge (which broke other abilities such as disengage), but my main problems in arenas as a warrior is:

they are the only meele class which are requiresd to switch to shield to use defensive abilities! This is a HUGE problem in arenas for warriors, one thing is that this gives a huge delay on defensive abilities such as Spell Reflection, and also if your under a lot of pressure and need to blow defensive CDs, you are forced to switch to a shield and a 1hander which prety much completly stops your dps. imo this is just a horrendous and unfair treatment of the class, giving the warrior huge penalties for blowing defensive CDs, while DKs actually get runic power if they use Anti - Magic shell (if hit by magic).

There is also the insane delay on spell reflection, because you gotta switch weapons and then cast the spell which makes it a lot harder to reflect spells (depending on the internet connection).

Being forced into making macros, this isn't really an issue for me personally, but I guess new players which just got their warriors to 85 will probably find PvP boring if they can't even use half of their spells without writing "advanced macros". Other classes just have focus cast macos.

Increased damage taken while blowing "nuke" CDs. Well, getting increased damage taken from a 5 min nuke CD is just unfair, I am aware paladin's wings can be dispelled, but they usually keep them up for a reasonable amount of time if their target is under great pressure, and again DKs have no penalty whatsoever (frost)

Lack of reliable CC Every other meele classes except paladins have very powerful CCs ---> especally feral druid. Frost Dks have an AoE frost trap effect, Shams have instant hex. Rogues have sap and blind. Paladins have a long ranged stun/disorient

possible ways to fix warriors:

#1 completly remove shield requirement from PvP. Being able to spell reflect without having to switch to a shield, and also give defensive CDs which doesn't require a shield equipped. Make them weaker or on a longer CD.

#2 Give arms warrior some kind of vengeance stack so when they go defensive they won't lose all pressure and damage.

Nothing is more annoying than to constantly miss on a spell reflects just because of the long delay caused because of having to equip shield.
Forum Avatar
Community
#6 - Jan. 10, 2012, 6:48 p.m.
Blizzard Post
10/01/2012 18:29Posted by Zharo
Also completly changing Heroic Leap so it works like shadowstep or (feral step) it would make it much more reliable and useful in PvP, and it could be used to jump up platforms and get back on targets like shadowstep does.

This would actually be a step backwards in my eyes, the ability to choose the location you will land on Heroic Leap is a great offensive and defensive tool. I cannot count the number of times that Heroic Leap has saved my warrior from death by it being defensively, and on the other side, you can use it offensively gain ground on fleeing opponents or any of its many other applications.

I feel that adding a targeting requirement would lower the manoeuvrability of the class and remove the unique feel given by this ability.
Forum Avatar
Community
#11 - Jan. 10, 2012, 6:53 p.m.
Blizzard Post
10/01/2012 18:48Posted by Zharo
name it something else like eat pain

Eat pain warriors!!! :O