Should I report a need roll abuse?

#1 - Jan. 4, 2012, 6:20 p.m.
Blizzard Post
So a druid tanks Hour Of Twilight wearing Betrayer's Pauldrons (with no gems or enchants meaning he probably just won them) and still rolls need when they drop from last boss (while I'm in 346 shoulders). No time to react he already left as soon as he received them. Not to mention he needed on Stalk of Corruption.

So my question is: do GM's care about these forms of abuse or am I gonna waste time trying to contact one?

BTW this is the first time I see this happen in 5 years, I think his intentions were really to just evil ninja everything to make people mad. (does this happen more on Horde side or what?).

Thanx for your neutral answers and if you're just gonna say "get over it" or "QQ moar", I tell you right away, your comments are useless.

edit: in case you didn't read carefully he was already wearing the item he rolled need on.
Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#5 - Jan. 4, 2012, 6:54 p.m.
Blizzard Post
While this may not be very nice or considerate of other party members, this breaks absolutely no rules - there is no abuse here from a rules perspective and therefore nothing to report.
Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#14 - Jan. 4, 2012, 8:22 p.m.
Blizzard Post
01/04/2012 12:19 PMPosted by Toek
Blue poster makes this behavior seem acceptable. When it should be shunned.

Indeed - and shunning is a social thing, not a rule thing.

There are far worse penalties incurred from your peers for social infractions than anything we can think to do. Not being able to play a banned account is one thing - not being able to play an active account because no one will associate or group with you is quite another.

Not breaking rules does NOT equal - ok. It's just not rulebreaking. Social conventions are within every players grasp and another thing entirely.
Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#19 - Jan. 4, 2012, 8:33 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Except that people who break social rules don't have to socialize with people on separate servers, lol. That threat might have worked 5 years ago when LFG/LFR didn't exist, nowadays? Not so much.

Not true - if everyone in a raid put them on /ignore, they won't be grouped again. It's even more effective in a raid because that's 24 people vs. 4.
Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#30 - Jan. 4, 2012, 9 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Folks, this thread is going downhill, I've answered all that the Game Master department can.

More tools is a development thing. By all means, please do post well considered and civil recommendations and suggestions in the appropriate forums.

There is a thing about tools though, if folks don't use the ones available it does bring up the question is it worth developing more.