Dear Blizzard.............................

#1 - Jan. 4, 2012, 3:35 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I think it is abuot high time u guys start policeing ur servers. every bg has @ least 3 bots running the same Path over an over again . i can see it clear as day yet apparntly u blizz guys just dont care anemore .report them an BAM nothing happens .ever so y doesnt blizzard give long term players who've had subs since beta the ability call for a vote in the bg to remove the bot .cuz u cant afk them out cuz they run down to ally gy to get killd an stay tag'd something should be done but we all know it wont.Vent over
Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#9 - Jan. 4, 2012, 4:13 p.m.
Blizzard Post
There are many ways to report bots in a BG, and it's vitally important everyone do so.

Even if they manage to shed the debuff - or not be removed from THAT match, every one of those reports counts.

http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/battleground-non-participation-account-action

To not report only perpetuates the problem.
Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#16 - Jan. 4, 2012, 4:59 p.m.
Blizzard Post
And there is a spot when you cancel to make such opinions known, Blast. That spot is not here.

As mentioned above, to actively 'patrol' realms the way some players suggest would take the population of a small 3rd world country.

The costs on that would be prohibitive to our players.

Reports are by far the most effective means of responding to this player concern. There is also quite a bit that goes on behind the scenes that's pretty much invisible to a player. Let's just say for every one you see - there are many you never got a chance to.

Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#37 - Jan. 4, 2012, 5:26 p.m.
Blizzard Post
2.) Furthermore, by your statement, "Let's just say for every one you see - there are many you never got a chance to," you're admitting that botting is actually much more rampant than even we the players see. That’s a scary thought, and I am not sure how to feel about it - as I encounter bots several times a week on average. Perhaps I am unlucky. If this is true, then Blizzard, you do need to invest some money into this area. While I have no idea what production costs are, and who gets paid what, I could guesstimate you could allot a little more in your budget to fighting bots (or dropping to trade chat).

If I have just a tiny portion of what we invest in fighting this I could retire, easily - and in style.

When you talk about 'bots' they can basically be broken down into two camps. Stolen accounts and 'real' players on their own account.

Stolen accounts are often used to spam, scam and gather materials. We catch an enormous amount of those behind the scenes. Folks not buying gold would make this variety all but disappear because there would be no reason to have a 'product' to sell.

Players are another matter, and what you'd more likely see in a BG. We have systems in place that catch a great many of those as well - but as stated above - some folks don't learn easily.

Let's just say - if you like playing WoW, and like your account - don't bot. Justice for those may come slowly, but for those that don't reform it does come and we see posts from those folks here on quite a regular basis. Clint Eastwood had more than one famous quote that covers this scenario nicely, I'll leave it to your imagination to fill in the blank on which one.
Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#62 - Jan. 4, 2012, 7:33 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Looks like Blizzard likes to joke about people not wanting to resubscribe. I guess they didn't get the hint over the last 4 quarters when they lost nearly 2 million subscribers. Its ok. Make your jokes. We will get the last laugh when you chase away every one of your paying customers with comments like these.

I don't know why you thought I was joking with that statement - it's gospel. The people that need to see those reasons get it from that source - not these forums.

Part of my job is to direct players to the appropriate sources for help, and feedback.
Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#76 - Jan. 4, 2012, 8:52 p.m.
Blizzard Post
The CORRECT forum. This particular one is primarily player to player help for ingame issues.

Recommendations or suggestions need to be put in the right place to be seen, namely - in the forum most closely associated to the topic at hand.

Yes, some days I do feel a little like an air traffic controller :)

We have a very large company, many eyes - and MANY players. Sometimes it's hard to know the proper channels - and that's a good deal of what we do here, is direct folks to the right place.
Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#78 - Jan. 4, 2012, 8:53 p.m.
Blizzard Post
This thread is just degenerating even further with ad hominem and baseless accusations. Along with border line threats.

Can we get a lock?

You most certainly may.