PvE items in Rated PvP (The Constructive Version ^^)

Forum Avatar
Community
#43 - Dec. 23, 2011, 3:13 p.m.
Blizzard Post
This is some really great and incredibly constructive feedback about the effect that PvE gear has on PvP. It's really nice to see a productive discussion on this particular topic, so keep it going everyone :)

Let's be sure to keep this whole discussion and the rest of the forums civil and come up with even more feedback as it's always awesome to see!
Forum Avatar
Community
#56 - Dec. 23, 2011, 3:38 p.m.
Blizzard Post
23/12/2011 15:18Posted by Tíbz
We can discuss the possibilities until the cows come home, but at the end of the day something needs to be done, and i think the PVP community has shouted enough to be finally heard.

But discussing such a hot topic like this in a constructive manner to death is exactly what you should do. Present us with as many logical arguments from all sides of the table; with all of that feedback and being able to see where everyone stands on a particular topic allows us to make the best possible judgement on a given matter.

23/12/2011 15:25Posted by Dalrian
They have shouted yes, that's the entire issue. That's why it would be good to start a constructive discussion for once, and with that, hopefully keeping it on topic ^^

As Dalrian pointed out, up to this point it has been just shouting about the issue with no productive discussion on the matter. I have been reading these forums as have the other Community Representatives and we see this issue popping up lots but never in a way that provides exact thoughts, reasoning and arguments.

I have given you ample space in this thread to discuss this to as was put "until the cows come home". Please do so as constructively as possible :)
Forum Avatar
Community
#71 - Dec. 23, 2011, 3:58 p.m.
Blizzard Post
23/12/2011 15:52Posted by Clap
s there any point posting on the EU forums at all about this? Don't all the real decision come from US side?

This is not true at all, while the decisions are made in the US by our development team they are heavily influenced in their decisions by many different things, feedback from the EU community being one of them.

Do not think that simply because the EU is a different continent that it has no effect on the game, we regularly pass on feedback given by the EU community to the team of developers in the US and their decisions are in turn also affected by this :)
Forum Avatar
Community
#299 - Dec. 27, 2011, 10:35 a.m.
Blizzard Post
I have now cleaned the thread up of as much off topic discussion as I could find. Please try to stay on topic as some really constructive feedback is coming from this thread.

Be sure to remember that this thread is about the effect of PvE items in PvP. This thread is not for discussing the misconceptions that we do not care for PvP'ers or that feedback from the community does not play a role in influencing the game.

We care greatly for PvP'ers, which is why we spend great lengths of time gathering your feedback and passing it on to the developers and trying our best to improve this game for not only you, but everyone who plays this game. I will not touch on the topic of feedback in the EU again as I already mentioned it in this post, here.

I hope that you all continue to provide some great feedback on this matter :)
Forum Avatar
Community
#315 - Dec. 27, 2011, 1:42 p.m.
Blizzard Post
27/12/2011 13:08Posted by Fixx
for example there has been posts ect about how healers don't really need to manage mana in pvp there could be a proc that on chance drains x amount of mana on hit, there could be items for casters that when taking physical damage there is a change for knock back or on hit chance to stun

Could this not exacerbate the matter that people are discussing here further, most of the people in this thread are already giving their feedback on the point that the RNG based items affect their rated PvP experience.

Simply moving these kinds of RNG procs to PvP items might mean that there could be even more issues amongst the community in regards to this.
Forum Avatar
Community
#439 - Dec. 30, 2011, 3:33 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I just wanted to jump back in on this incredible discussion to throw a few points out there.

Of course they given up because nobody is listening...

I can assure you that we are listening. You might get a feeling that there is no action being taken that is visible to you, but this does not mean that we are not and have not been listening.

We understand fully that there are many players who feel quite strongly about one side or the other of this particular topic, and we are reading all of the feedback that you are providing. I want to stress that even if you may feel like, as you said, "nobody is listening"; I assure you that we are.

We have been following other threads like this one, and especially this thread in particular on this topic to know how everyone feels on the subject. We are aware that many of you want answers to questions as you all have posted some interesting questions, like Lîanne in her post, but unfortunately at this time we are not able to give out detailed information on these matters.

30/12/2011 10:48Posted by Dalrian
I have already accepted long ago that PvP is just seen as a minigame by the devs

We do not consider PvP as a minigame at all, we see it as a big and important part of the game that a large number of the player base greatly enjoys, and we support it fully. Firstly, we would never have supported Arena as an eSport and included it as our BlizzCon tournament title, if we felt that it was just a minigame. Secondly, we are constantly making tweaks and adjustments to balance PvP. Not all of our changes are made for PvE :)

30/12/2011 14:08Posted by Monstaz
don't give up dalrian!

I agree completely, keep at it :D

That has absolutely nothing, and with that I actually mean NOTHING, to do with this subject.

On the contrary, I believe that this does. With Resilience becoming a base stat, this means that there will be less of an item budget being spent on Resilience meaning that the stat distribution on those items will be closer to that of PvE items.

This means that this change will effect PvE gear being used in PvP as PvP items will have greater survivability than PvE gear and near the same damage/healing output, whereas PvE gear will have less survivability but a slightly higher damage/healing output.