The level 46 hackers?

#1 - June 15, 2011, 2:17 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Originally from cataclysmicc.blogspot.com

Lately, I have noticed there are level 46 bots on nearly every realm. They tend to wear and wield nothing but the gear they got when they created the character. They are always in Eastern Plaguelands. They make their money (100K in 2 days) by only looting. You can see that at their statistics.

They typically 5000 dungeons entered in one week or something, whilst that should not be possible. You can only enter 5 an hour. A week consists of 168 hours, which would make 840 at a max if botting.

Most of them have the 100,000G looted achievement.

They are guildless

They dont respond

They tend to die from falling damage alot.

They have like a total of 10-15 kills.

I have reported several groups (They are always in a group) of these bots to Blizzard, sometimes they ban them, sometimes they dont. I tried flying around Eastern Plaguelands, but I cant find them! Anywhere!

Does anyone have some more information? How do they do this? Please respond.

I think its time for Blizzard to fix this problem. This has been going on for weeks now. Please, Blizzard, Sort this out. I am sure this gold will go straight into some gold seller's pocket.
#78 - June 16, 2011, 10:41 a.m.
Blizzard Post
To sum up what has already been helpfully pointed out by a few of you already, the discussion of how these players are doing it is not something that can be talked about on the forums and the best thing to do in a situation where you find a player like this, is to report them to us via in-game petition.

Have no doubt that we do take these matters very seriously and while it is not something that I am able to go into, there are procedures for dealing with these players.

Also as Ellifara kindly linked, we do have a FAQ about this subject which you are welcome to read through.

I understand that this is a big topic for a lot of you and I you are free to continue this discussion, but please keep our forum rules and guidelines in mind when replying as there is no need to be rude to your fellow posters.