Holy Paladin Talking Points, We need answers

#0 - Aug. 10, 2010, 6:47 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I already posted this in the Prot/Ret... thread, but I figure we might get better feedback if we have a dedicated thread with actual concerns instead of just hoping to get attention.

Here are my personal concerns that a lot of the community also seem to relate with:

To be honest, the GC posts from the previous thread have just made me more skeptical, and most questions have come unanswered still, despite him saying that he read these forums nearly everyday.

• Comparing Healing Hands to HEALING STREAM TOTEM of all things is very very insulting in my opinion. I'd like to see it compared to real heals, perhaps like Healing Rain, Holy Nova, or just about anything other than Healing Stream Totem. Very insulting to put both of them in the same sentence when talking about numbers.

• Our Mastery, does it roll like ignite and Val'anyr bubbles? Or does it override itself like our current FoL HoT?

• Sacred Shield, is one of our most fun and unique abilities really going away in light of our mastery? Or is it staying to compliment our toolkit and our new mastery?

• Speaking of Sacred Shield and FoL HoT's, that was a really unique ability to have. Now we have no Smart Heal AND no HoT, what's up with that?

• Are we FINALLY going to get AP scaling to make our gear actually effect our damage like everybody else in this game?

• Speaking of DPS, is Denounce still going to remain terrible? Will there be incentives to cast it other than free damage that's scaled off of a stat we have none of? Or will it get something else?

• Holy Power, what's up? Are we getting spec specific holy power options like each of the other specs?

• Perhaps make Light of Dawn and/or Healing Hands improved off of Holy Power? Assuming they remain 30 second cooldowns that is.

Maybe make Denounce add an Inquisition based aspect to it. Perhaps making our heals either heal for more, or cost less mana, while Inquisition is active.

• Healing Hands, still has too short of a radius imo. In WotLK Chain Heal was buffed to 12 yards because you guys realized that 8 and 10 yards are too short because people usually spread out AT LEAST 12 yards from each other unless they're melee. This spell will pretty much ONLY be able to heal melee, or else 1 or 2 people at a time. It also heals for apparently a number comparable to a totem that's drop it and forget it and costs nearly no mana and lasts for 5 minutes.

• Light of Dawn, heals for an underwhelming amount for a 30 second CD. I'm fine with the cone heal aspect of it, that's fine, but as mentioned elsewhere, it seems much more like a glorified line than a cone. Cone of Cold seems to be more of a 45-60ish degree angle, where as LoD seems more like a 20-30 degree angle from screenshots. Also why doesn't it heal the player?

• Divine Favor/Illumination, why was the better spell removed in light of the fact that almost none of the paladin community likes Divine Favor, even in it's current beta form (1min CD). Divine Favor does not work, it's a nearly useless talent. Divine Illumination was a much more fun cooldown, and obviously much stronger. Why not combine both ideas? Could make it grant an X amount of crit for a Y amount of time, for example: Divine Favor 2 minute cooldown: grants 30% Critical Strike chance for 15 seconds.

• Sacred Cleansing, why are the magic dispel talents a talent? Why not a passive? Having it has a talent discourages new players from learning how to dispel at lower levels, making them wait until raiding situations to learn how to cleanse. It also gives people the option to NOT even spec into it, which is bad for obvious reasons.
  • #18 - Aug. 11, 2010, 6:17 a.m.
    Blizzard Post
    Q u o t e:
    HH - I would love to know why GC is comparing one of our AoE heals to Healing Hands, how about we compare it to Healing Rains. Should not both of these spells be similar with major difference being that Healing Rains is targetable?

I was responding to a poster who said that Healing Hands healed for the same as Healing Stream totem, which was a statement somewhere in between incorrect and trying to incite paladin players.

Q u o t e:
    Comparing Healing Hands to HEALING STREAM TOTEM of all things is very very insulting in my opinion. I'd like to see it compared to real heals, perhaps like Healing Rain, Holy Nova, or just about anything other than Healing Stream Totem. Very insulting to put both of them in the same sentence when talking about numbers.

I don't have much interest in playing the "I'm insulted" game. If you want to talk about game design or share your feedback on the classes, I'm all ears. If you want to gripe about the developers, I'm going to spend my time on other threads.