Heirlooms in Cat.

#0 - Aug. 9, 2010, 5:29 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Has blizzard officially stated whether or not we will be able to use heirlooms in cataclysm?
Im wondering whether or not to buy a pair of hammers for my goblin shammy and i would really appreciate a link to a blue post
#25 - Aug. 9, 2010, 7:45 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Has blizzard officially stated whether or not we will be able to use heirlooms in cataclysm?
Im wondering whether or not to buy a pair of hammers for my goblin shammy and i would really appreciate a link to a blue post

Existing heirlooms are currently set to provide bonus experience up to level 80, so you'll be able to outfit eligible Goblin and Worgen characters right from the start. New heirloom items will also be available for purchase, and those items will allow you to gain bonus experience all the way up to level 85.

Now, as beta testing continues, certain aspects of this system may be adapted, but we've no current plans to prevent the use of existing heirlooms in Cataclysm.
#41 - Aug. 9, 2010, 9:58 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Lylirra, you make it sound as the new heirloom gear will be bought with the new point system. However, I was under the impression that the new 80+ heirloom gear would be crafted by guilds and there patterns would be bought via guild money and crafted by guild members with the correct profession? Has this changed or going to do it both ways?

We're doing a bit of both. Right now, the plans are to introduce most of the new heirlooms through the guild reward system; however, we also intend to make some available for purchase outside of it.