"Gear for it!" - Cata?

#0 - July 29, 2010, 9 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I've seen this a couple times from blues now and looking at the little bit of info out their along with the new Cata talents etc.. I'm starting to think that all players will need to carry around different sets of gear depending on what they want to accomplish. Everyone in a particular class will pretty much have the same talents depending on spec come Cata. So I'm guessing the only way to distinguish one dps mage from another is their gear and what stats they've chosen???
#14 - July 29, 2010, 11:24 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
I've seen this a couple times from blues now and looking at the little bit of info out their along with the new Cata talents etc.. I'm starting to think that all players will need to carry around different sets of gear depending on what they want to accomplish. Everyone in a particular class will pretty much have the same talents depending on spec come Cata. So I'm guessing the only way to distinguish one dps mage from another is their gear and what stats they've chosen???

And probably things like their damage output, survivability, and manners. Or are we only talking about distinguishing them through like the Armory?

Q u o t e:

Um... it's been like that for a long time. Three warlocks in my last guild were exact triplets in BT gear and they didn't even do it on purpose. There will always be a min-max.

This has been my experience as well. Whoever was the highest dps of a class, the others copied him - it could even be someone from another guild, but they reported higher numbers so people copied the spec/gear setup.

There could be that one person that chooses the utility spec to help out the raid, but that was rarely done by free choice (again, in my raid experience). While the gear could vary a bit depending on what dropped, it was interesting when they were very close in gear and very different in damage. Take a guess who the raid leader yelled at in these cases? :)
#18 - July 30, 2010, 12:39 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

I know the answer. The raid leader should tell the highest dps to cut back to match the the lowest one.
No Child Left Behind!

You can NOT use your Deathbringer's Will until all melee dps have it! That's called progression.