The frostwrym drakes from ICC

#0 - July 22, 2010, 12:19 p.m.
Blizzard Post
i thought they were only going to be there till cata (or the patch 4.0) but a friend told me blizz has said they were leaving them in after cata as well. Can anyone confirm this?
#13 - July 22, 2010, 3:07 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
i thought they were only going to be there till cata (or the patch 4.0) but a friend told me blizz has said they were leaving them in after cata as well. Can anyone confirm this?

mmmm... copy+paste - Info is a month old but probably still accurate. :)

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=25578319313&sid=1&pageNo=2#26

This is all tentative and could change, but we don't really have a problem with protodrake farming. What we will probably do with really unusual mounts like Mimiron's Head and Invincible is make them a rare drop. The 100% drop rate won't make sense when you can overpower the content.

If you want to overpower the content for a drake though, go for it. Players who did it "legit" had the benefit of having the achievement and mount earlier than anyone else. The most prestigious mounts will change in Cataclysm.
#15 - July 22, 2010, 3:44 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
If that's the case, why aren't the bear mount or Glory of the Raider mounts being reintroduced?

Different thoughts at different times.
#21 - July 22, 2010, 3:51 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

He isn't talking about the protodrakes, he's talking about the frostwyrm drakes from Icecrown citadel, that are 100% for the achievement.

And if you don't have a problem with overpowering content for mounts, then why was the Amani War Bear removed?

I don't buy it.

What don't you buy? Did my 2nd post help clear this up?

Q u o t e:

So, by this reasoning here you should not have a problem with the Nax drakes?

By our current reasoning, you are correct.
Q u o t e:
Can we has them back?

I have not heard of any plans to put in the work to make the Naxx drakes functional again, but anything is possible of course.