My Two Cents on new Priest Talents

#1 - Oct. 24, 2011, 10:13 p.m.
Blizzard Post
These are just my two cents on the new Priest talents. All in all I like what I see, but lets go into some detail.

Level 15: CC

Void Tendrils: Cool spell, mass CC looks like its going to be a common requirement in MoP so this is a welcomed talent.

Psyfiend: Great for waves of enemies, or to slow down a target your not willing to let catch you. I see lots of uses for this.

Psychic Scream: More controlled then the fiend, will be more useful against players, and on a much shorter cooldown helps.

Level 30: Many ways to move

Body and Soul: Currently useful talent, good to see other specs will get some use out of it.

Path of the Devout: Interesting idea, as long as you take no damage you move faster.

Phantasm: Very helpful in pvp situations and will ofcourse have uses on some bosses.

Level 45: Light, Light, Light

From Darkness, Comes Light: Awesome multi purpose spell. Free spells on Low RNG, can be good, can be very very frustrating Love It!

Divine Star: Amazing sounding spell, lots of uses, looking forward to firing these out.

Archangel: Slightly confused... will see how Evangelism pans out since its not in the trees it must be a class ability. Other then that sounds good.

Level 60: Gonna have to save yourself!

Desperate Prayer: Self controlled self saver for saving yourself!

Angelic Bulwark: Another approach to self saving. Will occur more often but less potent.

Final Prayer: If the attack brings you to 0 does the shield have a chance to save you? If not sometimes this will just be garbage, and its totally out of your hands. Some people like that, less to worry about.

Level 75: Making you better

Twist of Fate: Yay executes... and healthecutes?

Power Infusion: Ooooo power infuse on shadow priests... Mmm that tastes good....

Serendipity: Great spell, all three are awesome choices.

Level 90: Awesome Stuff

Vow of Unity: No duration listed so I assume it only breaks under the ‘If this happens it breaks’ which makes this a very nice sounding spell. Splitting damage can and will save lives in fights. Just don’t share too much.

Void Shift: Say what? Wow that’s a great effect if your on your toes.

Vampiric Dominance: Great spell, sustained healing from you healing or dpsing always comes in handy.

I really like the priest talents, no complaints on anything. Give your two cents! I may have brushed over something you would change. Lets get a community thing going, lots of posts in one place means Blizzard is more likely to see what is being said!

Link to the main thread: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3430806395
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#4 - Nov. 9, 2011, 10:52 p.m.
Blizzard Post
A couple of things to add:

In 5.0, Psyfiend’s Psychic Screams are single target.

Divine Star will be usable in Shadowform, and thus provides an alternate AoE method for Shadow Priests.

Thank you for the feedback!