MOP Druid Talent feedback

#1 - Oct. 26, 2011, 11:06 a.m.
Blizzard Post
I looked over the new talent system for 5.0. I think it is interesting. I looked at the preview choices for the toons I play, Paladin, Priest, Shaman, and Druid. All of my toons are main spec healers and the druid is my main.

All I can say is the druid choices are not done well.

The level 15 choices are all Feral choices, there's nothing there a healer would want.

* Feline Swiftness
Increases your movement speed by 10% and by an additional 20% while in Cat Form.

* Displacer Beast
Instant, 3 min cooldown
Teleports the Druid up to 20 yards in a random direction, purging all periodic damage effects and providing stealth for 10 sec. Attacking or taking damage cancels this effect. Using this ability activates Cat Form.

* Tireless Pursuit
Instant, 3 min cooldown
Removes all roots and snares, and increases movement speed by 70% while in Cat Form for 15 sec. Does not break prowling. Using this ability activates Cat Form.

At level 30 I'm forced as a MS healer to choose between 3 healing abilities

* Nature's Swiftness
Instant, 3 min cooldown
When activated, your next Cyclone, Entangling Roots, Healing Touch, Hibernate, Nourish, Rebirth, or Regrowth becomes instant, free, and castable in all forms. The healing and duration of the spell is increased by 50%.

* Renewal
Instant, 2 min cooldown
Instantly heals the Druid for 30% of maximum health. Useable in all shapeshift forms.

* Cenarion Ward
7680 Mana, 40 yd range
Instant cast, 30 sec cooldown
Protects a friendly target, causing any damage taken to heal the target for 2660 every 2 sec for 6 sec. Gaining the healing effect consumes the Cenarion Ward. Useable in all shapeshift forms. Lasts 30 sec.

The self heal seems like a PVP talent or something a DPS/Tank might want, but the other two are sweet. Now I have to choose between a damage cooldown or a burst healing CD. IMO one of these should be swapped with a lvl 15 talent.

Level 45 - Again my druid is forced to choose between a garbage, garbage, and more garbage.
* Faerie Swarm
Decreases the target's armor by 12% for 5 min and reduces the target's movement speed by 50% for 15 sec. While affected, the target cannot stealth or turn invisible. Deals 49 damage when cast from Bear Form. Useable in all shapeshift forms, but incurs a 6 sec cooldown while in Bear Form or Cat Form.
This talent replaces Faerie Fire.

* Mass Entanglement
4480 Mana, 30 yd range
2 sec cast, 1 min cooldown
Roots all enemies within 12 yards of the destination for 8 sec. Damage caused many interrupt the effect. Cannot be cast while in Bear Form or Cat Form.

* Typhoon
5120 Mana
Instant cast, 20 sec cooldown
Summons a violent Typhoon that strikes targets in front of the caster within 30 yards, knocking them back and dazing them for 6 sec. Useable in all shapeshift forms.

Level 60 - forced to choose between 2 things that would be decent as a resto druid

* Wild Charge
Grants a movement ability that varies by shapeshift form:

Example:
1) Non-shapeshifted
Fly to an ally's position and your next healing spell costs no mana.
2) Bear Form
Charge to an enemy, immobilizing them and granting you 30% haste.
3) Moonkin Form
Bound backward and gain 20 Lunar or Solar Energy, whichever is more beneficial to you.

* Incarnation
Instant, 3 min cooldown
Activates a superior shapeshifting form appropriate to your specialization for 30 sec:

Example:
1) Feral: King of the Jungle
Improved Cat Form that allows the use of all abilities which normally require stealth, and allows use of Prowl while in combat.
2) Restoration: Tree of Life
Tree of Life Form that increases armor by 120% and enhances Lifebloom, Wild Growth, Regrowth, Entangling Roots, and Wrath spellcasts.

* Force of Nature
40 yd range
Instant, 3 min cooldown
Summons 3 treants to assist in the Druid's current combat role. Treant capabilities vary by specialization. Usable in all shapeshift forms.

Swap FON or Incarnation with a lvl 45 talent (imo)
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#17 - Nov. 9, 2011, 10:44 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Thanks for the feedback!

There are currently several things you might want to know about druids in 5.0:

o All Druids get Dash. Tireless Pursuit is potentially a second sprint.

o Ursol’s Vortex is placed where you are when you cast it, and lasts 15sec. It does not move with you.

o Restoration Druids will get a different version of Barkskin, called Ironbark, which can be cast on other friendly targets.

o Mushrooms will deal damage for Balance druids, heal for Restoration druids, and be unavailable to Feral and Guardian. For Balance, they will have Fungal Growth built in, and will still be good burst AoE damage, but Hurricane (and its new Lunar counterpart, Astral Storm) should comprise the majority of a druid's sustained AoE damage.