R.I.P. Seal of Wisdom

#0 - July 21, 2010, 4 p.m.
Blizzard Post
The only fun mechanic I've messed around with on any healing class so far in this game. A 'your mileage may vary' form of mana regen that scaled based on how well you knew the encounters.

With Shaman getting Lightning Bolts = mana, I'd assumed all healers were going to be brought up to the on-demand mana regen capabilities that are such a joy to play with on a Holy Paladin. Guess not sadly.
#7 - July 21, 2010, 7:44 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Seal of Insight is the new healer-oriented Seal. It combines the effects of Light and Wisdom.

Judgement of Wisdom's effect (casters using wands on a target to regen mana) is what we cut. The communication error is probably mine. The new spell, just called Judgement, combines the Justice (limits movement speed) and Light (chance of a melee heal) effects.
#15 - July 21, 2010, 8:10 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Seal of Insight: Fills the Paladin with divine power, giving each single-target melee attack a chance to heal the Paladin and restore 4% of the paladin's maximum mana. Only one Seal can be active on the Paladin at any one time. Unleashing this Seal's energy will deal Holy damage to an enemy.

Judgement: Unleashes the energy of a Seal to judge an enemy for Holy damage. Judged targets move slower and cannot flee. Attacking a judged target has a chance of healing the attacker.

"Move slower" is a cap on run speed, as it is today.

Judgement is considered a melee attack for purposes of restoring mana via Seal of Insight.

We're iterating on all of this quickly though, so things might have changed by the next beta build. :)