Game time cards for gold? Within the ToS?

#1 - Dec. 7, 2011, 4:47 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I was curious about the subject of trading in-game currency for a game-time card. Is this 'legal', as far as Blizz is concerned? I kind of figured it was OK, seeing as how you can sell pets bought with real money for gold, but I'm just not sure.

Thanks!

Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#29 - Dec. 7, 2011, 6:54 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Game time codes are OUT of game - therefore, do NOT use ingame currency for them - period.

Some codes are actually turned in, ingame. That's fine. Codes used out of game on a website - no.

These are 99.999999% of the time scams, and you'll end up with no time, no 'purchase', and no gold.
Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#31 - Dec. 7, 2011, 7:01 p.m.
Blizzard Post
12/07/2011 10:57 AMPosted by Blia
Exactly as I predicted. Blizz puts a pet to buy online that is able to be sold, so people who don't read up on everything that is wow get confused...bada bing bada boom this threat is made =D

And this is different how from folks that have been falling for this for how many years, Blia?
Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#35 - Dec. 7, 2011, 7:39 p.m.
Blizzard Post
There is so much wrong with your post, I won't even bother to point it all out. But Sleepy Panda Orylia will be happy to note she's been bumped over to Tech Support. :p

Oh, you SO don't want me in tech, I've turned more than one of my own machines into a toaster >.< or a very expensive paperweight.