Second beta wave invite for Cataclysm?

#0 - July 9, 2010, 4:40 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Just want to know if second wave of invites will be going out this weekend or not.
All these people making threads about RealID get a response, how about us users who aren't!

It seems like mods have forgotten about us beta hopefuls in amiss this RealID thing :(
#6 - July 9, 2010, 4:47 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Just want to know if second wave of invites will be going out this weekend or not.
All these people making threads about RealID get a response, how about us users who aren't!

It seems like mods have forgotten about us beta hopefuls in amiss this RealID thing :(

I'm not sure when the next wave of beta invites is, but I'll see if we can get everyone a better idea of the timing so you're not constantly checking your Battle.net account. (Though checking it periodically is still a viable way to discover the juicy goodness of a beta activation.)
#23 - July 9, 2010, 4:55 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Goodness = or < than bacon?

Ok then, bacony goodness, because nothing beats bacon. Right?
#89 - July 9, 2010, 10:59 p.m.
Blizzard Post
While we do not have a precise ETA to provide at this time, we do expect to send out another wave of beta invites as soon as early next week. :)
#127 - July 12, 2010, 7:47 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Does [S]unday qualify as next week for blizzard?

Think more along the lines of late Tuesday or Wednesday. :)

While that's just an estimate, we'll keep you updated if anything changes.
#172 - July 14, 2010, 7:29 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Just recently responded in another thread: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=25968569181&sid=1&pageNo=7#136

Q u o t e:
The distribution of additional invites to the World of Warcraft: Cataclysm closed beta began last evening; however, it may take a full day before this distribution is complete and all selected accounts are flagged for beta access.

As a reminder, we're distributing World of Warcraft: Cataclysm beta invites the same way we distributed StarCraft II beta invites. Instead of sending out a beta code via email and requiring the user to flag their own account, we're doing all of that for you. This means that selected beta participants, once their accounts have been flagged for beta access, will be informed not only via email, but also via Battle.net Account Management (https://us.battle.net/account). So, if you're concerned about phishing emails, that's okay; just keep an eye on your Battle.net Account Management page today to see if you've been invited.

Also, if you don't receive an invite to the World of Warcraft: Cataclysm beta today, don't worry. We still intend to send out more invites in the future. :)
#188 - July 14, 2010, 9:35 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
It's late wednesday, is the second wave of beta invites coming soon I hope? Please.

Go ahead and peek at the last response I provided in this thread, Phyzickiller. I have a feeling it will answer your question: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=25968837132&sid=1&pageNo=9#172

Q u o t e:
On that note beta contest winners coming soon too?

The Cataclysm Beta -- Guild Content only concluded this Monday (July 12) and the final judging will not occur until tomorrow (July 15), so it's unlikely that contest winners will be contacted this week. Soon, though!