Wont getting these powerful skills early

#0 - July 7, 2010, 8:02 p.m.
Blizzard Post
like mutilate, penance, etc.. further trivialize earlier content? i mean. leveling is easy enough as it is.. mobs die in 3 hits and you barely get touched.. now everything will get 1 shot .

otherwise i really like the idea and i'm glad blizzard is doing something about something that they weren't happy with.. i just have this one concern
#18 - July 7, 2010, 11:25 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Specialization-defining abilities that are unlocked (e.g. Mutilate, Penance, Water Elemental and Mortal Strike) will scale based on a character's level and reflect an appropriate amount of damage, healing, and mitigation, etc. With the proper balancing, having these abilities at level 10 won't trivialize the leveling experience, but instead enhance it by allowing players to incorporate unique spells and skills that highlight their specialization into their rotations at a much earlier level.

We'll be closely monitoring how these new talent changes affect gameplay in the beta and will make adjustments to the system if necessary to ensure that our original goals are met. If you have any topics for discussion in the meantime, though, feel free to join your fellow posters in the main announcement thread here: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=25626290449&sid=1 :)