Stampede

Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#1 - Nov. 10, 2011, 7:51 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I just reviewed yesterday's Q&A, and came away with a follow-up question that I then posted to the devs privately. The question submitted yesterday was ""Have you considered having a pet stampede spell where our 5 pet stable rushes our enemy for a 5min cooldown? Or is that too epic?"

The response was "yes", but there were two questions there, and we didn't make it clear that we were responding to the first question.

Here is a Ghostcrawler quote for you --

"One of the potential ideas we're considering for a new hunter ability is one where they send all 5 of their current pets to attack, for a short period of time, on a long cooldown. No guarantees that we'll go with it, but we're at least considering something like that."

That could be a lot of fun!

Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#23 - Nov. 10, 2011, 8:19 p.m.
Blizzard Post
That would be very cool. Like "Army of the Dead" for Hunters... sort of.

Is the comment below also just in the concept stage or will this be implemented? If so would it be a patch or at MoP release.

•With Aspect of the Cheetah on you won't get dazed when attacked, but the speed bonus will be turned off when you get hit.

It isn't a certainty, but it is very likely that this will be implemented with 5.0.

Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#99 - Nov. 11, 2011, 10:06 p.m.
Blizzard Post
So, would it use our pets we have on hand or would it be more like the group of npc's we get when you do the Firelands daily at Sethria's Roost? Just some random animals.

Would it use any of our pet's special abilities?

We're talking about something that is completely hypothetical, so anything is possible.

I personally would want the ability to call the five pets that I actually have on hand at the time, since that would give me control over what everyone sees when I send out the stampede.

Furthermore, it makes a lot of sense for the spell effects to not vary much from hunter to hunter, so special abilities would be right out, *but* I wouldn't mind seeing the pets going through their best motions.