04/11 - Realms and Migration

#0 - Nov. 4, 2009, 4:36 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Previous thread: http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html?topicId=11155682616&sid=1

New Player realms
Normal/PvE: Ghostlands
PvP: Xavius
RP: Earthen Ring
RP PvP: Sporeggar

Free Character Migration (FCM)
The below FCM is available until November 10. All migrations are faction restricted to improve ratios on involved realms, thus your faction is currently the less populated one on the destination realm.

To: Darkmoon Faire and Earthen Ring

To: Boulderfist, Karazhan and Xavius

Alliance only:
To: Burning Steppes, Magtheridon, Mazrigos, Spinebreaker and Vek'nilash

To: Chamber of Aspects and Draenor

Horde only:
From: Al'Akir, Kazzak, Magtheridon, Outland and Stormscale
To: Burning Blade, Haomarush, Neptulon and Trollbane

Please note: FCM is opened based on realm population tracking and analysis, not by request. If you're looking for a specific migration (from realm A to realm B), you are in most cases better off using Paid Character Transfer, or you could end up waiting for a very long time.

Paid Character Transfers (PCT)
All English realms follow the regular PCT rules, found here:
http://www.wow-europe.com/en/info/faq/paidcharactertransfer.html
#1 - Nov. 4, 2009, 4:52 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Nice avatar Emberfin!

Also, in before people asking for a new realm!
#8 - Nov. 5, 2009, 9:42 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
I would like to ask if u are planning for a FCM from Twilight;s hammer to any other server for horde.
Thx a lot
Though everything is subject to change, Twilight's Hammer is not really on our worry radar at the moment.
Q u o t e:
Last week Bronze Dragonflight was the recommended PVE realm. When I checked the realm list yesterday it was marked as HIGH. It looks like each PVE realm you guys pick will be marked HIGH a week later. So still no new realm?
Sometimes this initial burst of new population from a realm marked for New Players doesn't last for long, so it might be that Bronze Dragonflight and other recently recommended realms might re-appear as suggested for New Players.

Rest assured there is still significant space for new players across our existing realms. We evaluate this regularly so should the situation change, then obviously new room would need to be made.
#10 - Nov. 5, 2009, 10:25 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
I'm sure there are more heavilly Alliance populated realms?

Honestly.. Boulderfist is terrible.
----

Here's a suggestion..

Merge a high populated alliance realm with boulderfist (Low alliance population)
Merge a High Populated Horde realm with a Low populated Horde realm

Press the opposite factions to different realms from each other.

It should help even out things on each of the horribly populated realms for both factions.

I highly doubt LAGTASTIC realms would ever come to boulderfist.
Boulderfist is a good destination realm this week. It has a significant and active population and yet a lot of room to take on more residents -- especially Alliance but then that can be said for most English PvP realms. It's possible it might become a destination realm for Alliance only transfers in the future, however our FCM is concentrating on realms that need this kind of attention more urgently at the moment.
#16 - Nov. 5, 2009, 3:48 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Still no new realm news? I think it's been a while since Saurfang came out, y'a know?
Again, there is still more than enough space across all our realms for new players. There is no use in creating a new realm when characters of both factions are still needed on some realms just to get a bit more faction balance or simply to make the general realm population more substantial and engaging than it is currently perceived to be.
#17 - Nov. 5, 2009, 3:51 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Hi Wryxian. How is the Population on Shattered Halls? because its overpopulated by hordes and there is like no alliance.. we almost never have WG.. so maybe check that server.. it looks like that server is Forgotten by somehow..
No realm is forgotten, however much it might be seen to have been. Shattered Halls is a potentially good Alliance only destination realm.
#18 - Nov. 5, 2009, 4:02 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Ofcourse I understand what you are saying. But everytime when I look at the realm list in the evening hours, atleast 90% of the PVE realms are marked as HIGH.

So the real question is at what point a new realm is needed? Do all PVE realms need to be HIGH during the whole day? Guess you won't awser that question right :-p
Many people actually express to us that they prefer their realm to have a decent population rather than be empty of people. So having a lot of realms with a very healthy population is not a bad thing, at least that is what many players express to us.

English PVE realms are on the whole in a pretty healthy state population wise right now. What I mean is no PVE realm has a significantly low population, and this is why the recommended PVE realm changes almost every week.
#19 - Nov. 5, 2009, 4:08 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Are you sure that its a good destination, for anyone at that matter? :) Please make a character on both sides, and then post a comment in what you seen on either side. Theres been many people who have realised how horrible this realm has become because of inbalance. Yet Blizzard are continuing to allow horde to transfer from heavily populated alliance realms to come here, digging the knife even deeper into the inbalance.

I do appologise, but I seriously think Blizzard are going about this in the total wrong way. I'm sure that this realm is under more serious inbalance issues than most other realms with issues aswell. If not THE most :P
The main point that comes to mind here is that throughout all English PVP realms, there is generally a dominance of Horde. We prioritise FCM for realms that have the most significant imbalance. In the end though, unless some major changes occur in the general PVP-player population's perception of the factions, the Horde dominance will continue as there may simply be not enough PVP players wanting to play Alliance characters to maintain a greater balance.