old gear new looks

#1 - Nov. 3, 2011, 12:30 a.m.
Blizzard Post
i know it probably isn't one of the biggest concerns out there, but i was wondering if anyone knew if there was any plans to update the old gear to current graphics? I think it would be awsome...maybe not a top priority thing, but something to work on the side perhaps.

I equipped my t6 and noticed how rough the boots looked compared to the more recent gear. So its just a rough observation, and a personal request of one player out of many. Hope to hear back from someone and thx for any feedback on the matter.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#6 - Nov. 3, 2011, 2:27 a.m.
Blizzard Post
We don't have any plans to tamper with the art of existing tier sets. Transmogrification is being implemented, in part, to allow nostalgic players the option of wearing old gear without having to worry about the stats anymore. But, we don't want to go back and actually alter those looks. That'd almost defeat the purpose, especially given we'd prefer to focus our time on designing new sets to allow for more customization options (including aesthetic, stat-less sets to be used solely for Transmogrification).

The art and animation teams are incredibly busy, and sometimes I feel they don't get enough credit for the amount of work they do, or how much work is involved in each project. There are a number of projects on their list -- many of which players would love to see progress on -- but this isn't currently one of them that I'm aware of.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#8 - Nov. 3, 2011, 2:35 a.m.
Blizzard Post
11/02/2011 07:30 PMPosted by Ghostbuzz
Oh cool, I posted in a thread with a Blue. Life complete.

But I've come to expect so much more from you in life. Don't settle now! :p

(Did I just raise the bar by quoting you as a blue?)
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#27 - Nov. 3, 2011, 3:34 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Any change of fixing the broken models though? If memory serves T7 (or 7.5) warrior a couple of pieces models changed to pvp gear models with cataclysm (I wanna say gloves, legs, chest but I don't remember exactly).

I believe that bug was reported for tracking and fixing.