Real I.D. and my name for past posts

#0 - July 6, 2010, 6:48 p.m.
Blizzard Post
So will my name show up on post I have made in the past as well? If so I'm quitting wow
#4 - July 6, 2010, 6:57 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
So will my name show up on post I have made in the past as well?

No, they will not. Your forum posts within this iteration of the World of Warcraft forums, will remain unchanged. Only the new forum systems, as detailed by Bashiok below, will incorporate Real ID: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=25712374700&sid=1&pageNo=34#667
Q u o t e:
One important point which I don't believe has been relayed yet is that the switch to showing RealID on the forums will only happen with the new forum systems we're launching for StarCraft II shortly before its release, and a new forum system for World of Warcraft launching shortly before the release of Cataclysm.

All posts here on the current World of Warcraft forums, or any of our classic Battle.net forums, will remain as-is. They won't (and can't) automatically switch to showing a real first and last name.

All posts in the future on the new forum systems will be an opt-in choice and ample warning will be given that you're posting with your real first and last name.