Mists of Pandaria Dev Q&A

#1 - Oct. 28, 2011, 1:01 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Does anyone else feel this has been a complete waste of an hour?

This was a session where I wanted to see some answers about what to expect for both my class(es) and the content to decide whether to play the expansion or not.

I wanted to know specific DK questions regarding how present talents are incorporated into the new system, and specifics on specs and talents in 5.0. I also wanted to know about PvE content and other classes.

Instead, we end up with the "is @ChrisMetzen the real Chris Mezten?" and "What's going to happen to Relics once MoP arrives?" and "Will there be any grasshoppers?" and also "Will pandas become a mount as well". Really, what a waste of time for us all - both players and devs. It's 2am and I wish I went to bed when I got in instead of checking this out.

Most of the questions asked were either answered at BlizzCon or have been answered on the forums since MoP was announced. What exactly was the point of this Q&A session if real questions aren't going to be answered?

I know it's hard to answer a lot of questions at the moment since MoP is a long way off, but Christ, at least try instead of giving this nonsense.
Forum Avatar
Community
#11 - Oct. 28, 2011, 12:26 p.m.
Blizzard Post
28/10/2011 13:02Posted by Freda
Nice to see others feel the same. Just seems quite pointless having QA sessions when they can't answer real questions.

Plenty of "real" questions were answered actually :-)

Please keep in mind that all the more light-hearted answers were provided by Community Managers Zarhym and Bashiok, who were throwing these in to keep the chat flowing while the developers were busy typing their answers to the more serious and poignant questions.

Zarhym has commented on these concerns as well over on the US forums:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3430938048?page=3#45

Forum Avatar
Community
#12 - Oct. 28, 2011, 12:27 p.m.
Blizzard Post
28/10/2011 02:08Posted by Leetbbqlock
link?

You can find the full transcript of the Dev QA here:
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/blog/3157827/Mists_of_Pandaria_Live_Developer_QA_Transcript-27_10_2011#blog
Forum Avatar
Community
#15 - Oct. 28, 2011, 12:45 p.m.
Blizzard Post
28/10/2011 13:16Posted by Dream
Um, plenty of 'real questions' were answered, including specific class questions. They got thousands of questions and only had an hour

This is very true. Even if every single developer working for Blizzard had the opportunity to join in on this dev Q&A, it still wouldn't have been possible to answer every question :-)

This was the first dev Q&A we did with CoverItLive, and we learned a lot which should hopefully make future dev Q&A sessions more enjoyable. Future dev Q&A sessions will most likely be topic specific, which should make things more interesting for those people who are primarily interested in getting feedback on specific topics.

Here is another interesting quote from Zarhym that should be of interest to you guys:
I'd like to host one next Thursday before noon (so our European counterparts don't have to stay up so late to take part). No promises on that date yet though.