The point of epic flying if u cant use it is?

#0 - July 1, 2010, 10:11 p.m.
Blizzard Post
So I just hit 70 and was excited to get my epic flying cause I figured it would help me quest in northrend faster. Then I headed to Dalaran to get my coldweather flying cause after I looked it up said you needed level 68 for it: http://www.wowhead.com/item=49177

The damn trainer says I have to be level 77. Whats the point of making people wait till 77 to be able to fly around Northrend when the item says you can use it at 68? The expansion has been out for almost 2 years now I dont understand why they cant drop the required level to get cold weather flying down so everyone can use it.
#10 - July 2, 2010, 12:02 a.m.
Blizzard Post
The Tome of Cold Weather Flight is actually an heirloom item that can only currently be purchased at level 80. In a sense, it's a reward for players who have successfully leveled up through Northrend without the assistance of epic flight. In return for this achievement, those characters, once they reach 80, can then purchase the Tome of Cold Weather Flight and pass it on to a lower level alt. It's a pretty cool system.

While we did lower the level requirement needed to purchase Expert and Artisan Riding, it's not yet been decided when or if the requirement for Cold Weather Flying will also be lowered. It's important to keep in mind that the ability to fly within a certain area can significantly change your leveling experience, and that changes made to Expert and Artisan Riding (normal and epic flying) weren't introduced until patch 3.2, well after Wrath of the Lich King was released.