PTR: Holy Paladin Changes

#1 - Oct. 13, 2011, 11:32 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Not a huge list of changes this time but one that's still fairly important.

Holy Radiance no longer grants a charge of Holy Power. Healing effectiveness diminishes for each player target beyond 6.

I know that most of the people that claimed that the extremely situational HR from the earlier PTR was fine because of how powerful (broken) it was in stacked scenarios. Now that the ability has a proper target cap and no longer generates Holy Power, what are everyone's thoughts (range, general usability, mana cost, etc)?

Edit: How embarrassing. Post falls off the front page and I forget to update it only to have a Blue call me out. The first time a dev has responded to one of my posts since Wrath and it's to nip me out for erroneous info. *cries*
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#36 - Oct. 17, 2011, 8:35 p.m.
Blizzard Post
The 4.3 design is that Holy Radiance generates Holy Power if you have the Tower of Radiance talent. This is the only way it has ever worked for 4.3. In a nutshell, we did not want Ret and Prot paladins using Holy Radiance on cooldown just for the Holy Power benefit. It looks like some bad data-mining may have led to the belief that Holy Radiance would always generate Holy Power even without Tower of Radiance, but that was never the intent. The quote “Holy Radiance no longer grants a charge of Holy Power,” [post 1] is likewise incorrect and confusing. Before 4.3 there was no connection between Holy Radiance and Holy Power. After 4.3, the Tower of Radiance talent provides the Holy Power. We will let you know if the design changes again, but do not anticipate that being the case.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#79 - Oct. 18, 2011, 5:59 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Word of Glory definitely triggers BoL. That was an oversight in the patch notes posted 90 minutes ago. We have updated the notes to read:

Beacon of Light is triggered by Word of Glory, Holy Shock, Flash of Light, Divine Light and Light of Dawn at 50% transference and Holy Light at 100% transference. It does not transfer Holy Radiance, Protector of the Innocent or other sources of healing.

We apologize for the confusion.