PSA: Play Nice.

#1 - Oct. 13, 2011, 4:13 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Good morning all :)

First a little info: I'm in a "friends and family" guild with 37 members. There are usually between 3 and 4 accounts online at any given time. We run 5 mans mostly and otherwise just do whatever we feel sounds like fun (this is a game right? ;). We queue as Tank/Heals/DPS usually.

Last night we queued for some trollroics. We did ZA and ZG successfully. I was healing on my freshly 85 Holy Paladin, my husband was tanking on his Prot Warrior and my friend was playing on his Mage. Between the two of them, anything that needs interrupted gets interrupted, CC is done on the fly and respected, and damage is more than adequate to bring down trash packs and bosses alike. They were good runs.

After the 2 trollroics, our guildie Mage had to turn in so my husband and I decided to do a couple more. Only needed 140 more VP for a piece. We were going to mix it up a bit and queued Heals/Tank for a "regular" heroic. It was Vortex Pinnacle. The first pull was atrocious. The three DPS all pulled, they didn't attack anything that my husband had marked (Skull, X, etc.) and damage was going out everywhere as my husband struggled to get stuff under control. Afterwards (we survived) him and I both mentioned to let the tank pull and to please kill the marked mobs first.

The rest of the trash up to the next boss consisted of the same thing. DPS pulling, attacking incorrect targets, damage everywhere and of course a little Recount meter posting after every pull >.< It didn't help that the top offender was also incredibly rude (he quickly wound up on ignore).

We left before the first boss. It wasn't fun. It was chaotic and stressful. We asked nicely for the DPS to please respect the marks and let the tank pull but they refused. We couldn't kick them all and tbh it was just better for us to leave. We watched a movie instead.

TLDR: Play nice. My husband is a fabulous tank and I'd like to think that I'm a more than capable healer. We are nice people and 99% of our runs are successful and fun... when we're in guild groups. Please be nice to your fellow tanks, healers and dps. Respect for your fellow players goes a long way. They are people playing a game for fun just like yourself.

♥Aune

Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#2 - Oct. 13, 2011, 4:22 p.m.
Blizzard Post
"Play Nice; Play Fair"

That's what we maintain. Well, it's one of the eight core values we maintain: http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/about/mission.html

What movie did you watch? :)