Blizzard supports the use of hacks and bots

#1 - Oct. 6, 2011, 10:42 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I just got ripped off by a botter. I opened a tcket and the GM said there's nothing he/she can do. My items were stolen by a hacker and the player in question was not only online, but was actively running the bot and the GM's told me he was not violating the TOS. So I guess it's now ok to run bots and hacks as Blizz's GM's are very unlikely to do anything about it from my experience.
Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#35 - Oct. 7, 2011, 12:03 a.m.
Blizzard Post
10/06/2011 04:01 PMPosted by Mourninglory
taking a wild leap and assuming the Neutral AH was involved....

Good guess!

Lots of players enjoy World of Warcraft in different ways, Maikel. Some like to raid, some like to PvP. And others simply enjoy playing the Auction House. While you may not see the merit in simply enjoying the economic side of a game, there are some people that appeals to.

When you place an item up on any auction house, neutral or otherwise, for a buyout price, you are agreeing that you wish to sell that item at that price to the first player who is willing to pay it. Players are welcome to use appropriate, non-automated addons to facilitate finding good deals. Keep in mind these addons are permitted so long as no automation is involved. For some players, it may simply be a matter of luck. Coincidence does happen from time to time.

All I can say in this situation is that this isn't a result of a bot, hack, or exploit, and making false conjecture that is arguably slanderous in nature tends to counter any measure of constructiveness from your posts.
Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#45 - Oct. 7, 2011, 2:08 a.m.
Blizzard Post
This is getting a bit unproductively off-topic, so I'm going to go ahead and lock this.