Random Guild Invites?

#1 - Oct. 4, 2011, 7:24 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Anyone else ever come across this on your toons that are not in a guild? Whenever I make a new toon a few mins later I get a random guild invite from someone I dont even know. Same with my current toon, I can be doing something and I see a random guild invite from someone thats not even in the chat channel.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#16 - Oct. 4, 2011, 9:44 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Nethaera, Zarhym, Bashiok, Kaivax, and Daxxarri and I have all been leveling new characters together, and in any given play session I'd say we each receive at least 2 random guild invites. It doesn't really bother us since we're usually too busy doing other things -- like, you know, stealing each other's quest loot (damn you, Daxxarri, those were MY Stringy Fleshripper Meat!) -- to notice. I can understand why random invites might be irksome, though, so if you want you can always check "Block Guild Invites" under the Controls tab in the Interface options menu, like Kimmie and Nexeque suggested.

Personally I enjoy seeing all the guild names, as well as the sometimes-zany invite messages that get sent along with the invites. I'm never really in a lot of danger when playing my lowbie character, so I don't mind having to click or scroll, and once things do start to get dangerous, I imagine I'll be too high a level for random invites to really be much of an issue.

/2 copper :)
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#22 - Oct. 4, 2011, 9:56 p.m.
Blizzard Post
[2. Trade] copper :)
[2. Trade] mt, sorry.

Clever girl.