Void Storage - Ridiculous Charges

#1 - Oct. 3, 2011, 7:05 p.m.
Blizzard Post
100g per item to go in and 100g per item to come out is outrageous.
10g per item in and out would be sufficient.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#33 - Oct. 4, 2011, 7:35 p.m.
Blizzard Post
While the cost of Void Storage is intended to be a bit prohibitive (in the sense that we don't want it to be used as a secondary bank, with items constantly moving in and out), the prices currently shown on the PTR aren't final.

If you'd like to suggest a different price, as well as why you think that price might be best, please feel post your ideas in this forum. :)
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#136 - Oct. 4, 2011, 10:25 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I hate to nit-pick, but um...

He just did. In that post you quoted. o.o

Haha, fair enough! The message was more intended for people reading along with feedback who hadn't yet posted, but I will accept your nit-picking graciously. ;)
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#207 - Oct. 5, 2011, 11:32 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I just recently got back from a meeting with Ghostcrawler and have an update to share regarding the prices for Void Storage. Instead of charging 1000g to unlock a Void Storage vault and 100g to deposit and withdraw items, we're looking at only requiring the following amounts for each transaction:

Unlock - 100g
Deposit - 25g
Withdrawal - Free

We agree with the suggestions we've seen that placing a higher fee on withdrawals would create a stronger deterrent for using Void Storage as a secondary bank. That said, we don't want players to find themselves in a situation where they are unable to retrieve an item simply because they don't have the gold. This is why we're leaning towards a more expensive deposit (to differentiate Void Storage from a normal bank) and allowing all withdrawals to be free.

Please keep in mind that these prices may not hit the PTR and are, of course, subject to change before the release of 4.3.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#211 - Oct. 5, 2011, 11:40 p.m.
Blizzard Post
10/05/2011 04:35 PMPosted by Tyrazsun
Also, small typo. Withdrawal should be withdraw on line 3 ;)

The withdrawal has been withdrawn!