Can't Deposit Unique Items Into Void Storage?

#1 - Oct. 3, 2011, 4:47 a.m.
Blizzard Post
I was super excited when I first learned about Void Storage, as its going to clear out alot of valuable space in my bank that currently houses a bunch of sentimental stuff.

My first thought was, WOOT! They never gave us the tabard rack they said they were throwing around the idea of, but hey at least I can stick all my tabards into void storage, that will free up at least 12 slots in my bank right there.
I started clicking to move all my tabards over, not really paying attention. When I was done I realized I still had four tabards in my bags. Opps missed a few I thought, till I tried to put them in again, which is when I got the message "You cannot deposit unique items into void storage". Tabard of the Protector, Sporeggar Tabard, Ogri'la Tabard, and Tabard of the Scarlett Crusade are all "Unique" so Im stuck with em in my normal bag. Argh!
Then going through my other stuff I realized I had a buncha gear that was Unique too, mostly old-school weapons like Thekal's Grasp / Arlokk's Grasp, Perdition's Blade, Thunderfury (duh), etc, but I have a few pieces of non-weapon gear thats Unique too, like Deathbringer's Will.

All in all, I will only be re-claiming about half of the bank space I thought I would due to this. Is there any reason its currently like this, and is there any chance it will be changed / fixed before live?
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#5 - Oct. 3, 2011, 7:40 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Unfortunately, preventing the use of unique items in Void Storage is necessary in order to enforce the concept of items being unique. Without this limitation, you would be able to have multiple copies of items that we intend to be unique. Fortunately, we don’t use the “unique” concept much any longer; we use “unique-equipped,” and items with this restriction are allowed in Void Storage.

Furthermore, we are scouring through a very large number of items in the game to convert most of the items branded "unique" into "unique-equipped".

There will still be a few unique items, such as legendaries.