Stop Bloating our trees with DPS and PVP

#0 - June 11, 2010, 7:19 a.m.
Blizzard Post
I do not have a problem when PVP or DPS talents have synergy in HEALING trees. But pure PVP and DPS talents do not belong in healing trees. I hate when a new generation of Devs come along and have to relearn the same failed mistakes at our expense. No one will take them and you will like the previous devs merge them into talents people choose.

Save the effort and learn from your old mistakes.
#7 - June 11, 2010, 5:52 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
The devs who are designing these trees are the same devs who decided to merge a lot of utility into existing talents in Wrath. It's not a "new generation."

Right. I wasn't here for BC or Classic, but nearly all of our designers were and anyone here would tell you that inheriting the "tribal knowledge" is a big part of working on any Blizzard game. This scenario that the current WoW team is all new, inexperienced developers is a conspiracy theory.

Q u o t e:
No one will take them and you will like the previous devs merge them into talents people choose.

My advice to you would be not to try and weight down your arguments with "no healer feels this way" or "we don't want this." Your points will be stronger without them. Argue logically or even through your personal feelings, not by trying to invoke a silent majority.

As to the actual topic, as we've posted several times, those talents are designed to be optional. Any healer spends some amount of time in almost any instance standing around when nobody needs healing. Some healers want to be able to perform solo or in small groups without having to switch to a dps spec. We are trying to get away from trees where every talent essentially says "increases your damage or healing by 5%." A talent that is non-mandatory should be by definition optional. If you don't think you'd like or use that particular chunk of utility offered by a talent, then skip over it. Or go ahead and get it knowing that you'll still get a passive benefit that improves your healing.