Why does it take blizz so long to track bots

#1 - Sept. 17, 2011, 3:19 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Is there a reason? I mean if you see a speed hacker in bgs they get permbanned in atleast 3 mins.Yet if you see a bot it can takes months.

Isnt there a program blizzard uses i think its called "Warden" that finds anyone using hacks ? how come it cant track down botters?
#1 - Sept. 17, 2011, 3:19 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Is there a reason? I mean if you see a speed hacker in bgs they get permbanned in atleast 3 mins.Yet if you see a bot it can takes months.

Isnt there a program blizzard uses i think its called "Warden" that finds anyone using hacks ? how come it cant track down botters?
Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#23 - Sept. 17, 2011, 6:02 p.m.
Blizzard Post
09/17/2011 08:37 AMPosted by Lolxvii
Well i usually see Bots in bgs.... but now there a "Smart bots" that they look like there pvping normally but there not

There are 4 different ways to report a bot in a BG.

http://us.blizzard.com/support/article.xml?locale=en_US&articleId=22692

It's VERY important that you use one of those tools if you see someone you suspect of botting. While the 'smarter' types of bots may be able to shed the debuff that would boot them out of the match, they can't shed the reports and that behavior will catch up with them.

The system, however, cannot work if it's not being used.
Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#23 - Sept. 17, 2011, 6:02 p.m.
Blizzard Post
09/17/2011 08:37 AMPosted by Lolxvii
Well i usually see Bots in bgs.... but now there a "Smart bots" that they look like there pvping normally but there not

There are 4 different ways to report a bot in a BG.

http://us.blizzard.com/support/article.xml?locale=en_US&articleId=22692

It's VERY important that you use one of those tools if you see someone you suspect of botting. While the 'smarter' types of bots may be able to shed the debuff that would boot them out of the match, they can't shed the reports and that behavior will catch up with them.

The system, however, cannot work if it's not being used.
Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#28 - Sept. 17, 2011, 7:43 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I think Orylia means the report itself. It doesn't matter if the bot doesn't get kicked--on the admin-side, they'd see anything from a dozen to several hundred reports suddenly come in for one player. From there I imagine it's a fairly simple task to squash them.

^^ This.

Even if they manage to shed the debuff and aren't removed from THAT match, if everyone reports the ones they see, it WILL catch up with them. mwhaha.

I mean....

*cough*
Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#28 - Sept. 17, 2011, 7:43 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I think Orylia means the report itself. It doesn't matter if the bot doesn't get kicked--on the admin-side, they'd see anything from a dozen to several hundred reports suddenly come in for one player. From there I imagine it's a fairly simple task to squash them.

^^ This.

Even if they manage to shed the debuff and aren't removed from THAT match, if everyone reports the ones they see, it WILL catch up with them. mwhaha.

I mean....

*cough*