Gave GM to my officer and he kicked me :(

#1 - Sept. 8, 2011, 11:11 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I just want vent a bit as Blizzard cant help me out and i want to warn you all

I have a guild on nagrand (allies side) and this guild has been around for years
when i wanted to change my GM i made my wife GM ofc as to be safe

I told my wife she could make me GM back when i was relogging but what happend was when i logged in and she saw my name come up she ofc clicked my name ( so she thought) and promoted a officer

mistakes can happen but i tried and talk like my life depended on it to him and he would not give my guild back.

well he got fed up with me and apperently also my wife and kicked all my chars and her chars from the guild

I mean CMON so i made a ticket to blizz telling it was a honest mistake and i got a reply

You gave the guild freely and without preasure to someone else and we cant help you

Look at the logs people... i been like GM for over 5 years and with a little mistake i lose my lvl 25 Guild with around 600+ members thats hard

so well i know i cant do anything about it but PLZ be carefull when you click

Forum Avatar
Customer Service
#43 - Sept. 9, 2011, 2:41 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Greetings Velastrasza,

I’m truly sorry to hear about the situation you describe, and it is regrettable that our policies don’t allow us to intervene in a case such as this. I note that you’ve already spoken to a member of our Senior management team in-game, and I hope that has been of some benefit.

Please allow me to offer my best wishes for your new guild, including a hope that you don’t end up with this type of person as a member or officer in the future.

As a final note, if you ever need to pass guild leadership between characters again in the future, you can actually do so using the in-game command; /gleader <Name>
This will even work to promote offline characters, thus allowing the movement of leadership between one’s own characters.