The Clash of the Fansites!

#0 - May 26, 2010, 6:22 p.m.
Blizzard Post
The dusty floor of the Arena will become soaked with ink as our brave Fansites go head to head on the Arena Pass realm! These resilient combatants will not be competing with sword and magic but with pen and paper as they duke it out to provide the most compelling stories documenting their Arena Pass adventures! The Clash begins on May 26 and will last until June 9 — a team of judges will then decide who is to be crowned the victor.

Make sure to take a look at our brand new page for the Clash of the Fansites.
http://www.wow-europe.com/en/esports/clashfansites/index.html
#15 - May 27, 2010, 9:53 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Nice work, use random sites while sites that people actually visit didn't get in.
They're not "random" they're from our official fansite list and Clash of the Fansites was invite only. So if other more well known sites in our fansite program haven't yet accepted, they're not yet listed on the list of participating sites. It's just a beginning. ;-)
#26 - May 27, 2010, 1:17 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
If all of these sites would go down, i highly doubt anyone would care.
Although this may sound rude to some, but it's true. Noone knows these sites, the layouts function badly and there confusing.

Don't like em at all, but still GL to those that are willing to Clash.
You're welcome to learn Serbian, perhaps it will become less confusing for you. Taking WoW-Serbia as an example, (since you're blessed with the owners presence amidst your display of disrespect and careless critique), it's clean, crisp and informative for those who speak the language it's produced for.
Q u o t e:
Noone knows these sites
How wrong you are. You don't know about this site, because it's not designed for you.

The attitude of some people in here really could use some improvement.
#37 - May 27, 2010, 2:21 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
I am noo that good in arena, but I am happy with my website and spending hours working on it, to share the news to my community. And I am happy with participating in "Clash of the Fansite" with my staff members.
And we are very happy you chose to accept the challenge to join in this fun contest between official fansites, because we appreciate all the hard work you put into your Serbian fansite. :-) It can be frustrating to read some of the comments people feel are appropriate to make on the forums sometimes and I hope you do not take them too much to heart. Please, keep up the good work! ;-)

And for those sites in our official program that haven't yet joined in the fun foray, we look forward to hearing from you soon!
#40 - May 27, 2010, 3:02 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

I totally agree that allot of people could use some improvement in there way of thinking and usually I am quite easy with these kinds of things. But I do think its a bit silly there isn't a international site in there. Maybe its not blizzards fault. (I can never know) but its just something I noticed right away and I do find that a bit sad.
It depends what you call international. All these sites are available throughout the world as indeed most sites are. If you're meaning English language specifically, then keep in mind that many of the sites in the "English" fansite program are not actually English as our English realms cover a large range of different territories across Europe -- the English realms are somewhat the "default" for EU unless you specifically want German, French, Spanish or Russian realms instead. And to add to that, we also have German, French, Spanish and Russian players actively playing on the English realms and many more languages on top of that too.

There are, however, some specifically English language sites in our EU English official fansite program. For example, Curse.com and Worldofwar.net to name just a couple. All our official fansites were invited to join in and if they accept the invitation they too will be added to the Clash of the Fansites.

Honestly, it's just a bit of fun competition based around the Arena Pass service, no need for such a fuss. ;-)
#42 - May 27, 2010, 3:14 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Sorry I never intended to make a fuss about it. Its just something I noticed, that is everything :) I do think its a good thing that some of those sites get some attention (I didn't even knew that that Dutch site existed for example.)
It's okay, I wasn't really meaning you specifically. And I'm glad you're being reasonable about it, and even more glad that you're now aware of at least one of our official fansites. ;-)
#46 - May 27, 2010, 3:30 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
I think the only official sites I use are wowhead, curse, wowinterface, AJ, tankspot, world of raids, wowwiki. Although some of these are only fansites of the US. {..snip..} And good luck to all of you who are taking part in this :).
Hey Fred -- it's nice to see you outside the Realms and FCM thread. :-) Thanks for your kind and supportive comments. It would be nice if we could have extended the invitation across the Atlantic to our US official fansites but the Arena Pass is an exclusive service for Europe, so this is why it wasn't the case.

It would be great if other sites considered joining our official fansite program. But, as it is pertinent to mention it, it is not OK to display leaked content on any fansite, official or otherwise.
#52 - May 27, 2010, 4 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
perhaps Blizzard should start to release some info for this long overdue expansion then..give us something to look at while we get bored in ICC and from the looks of it what we have to be bored with for the 5-6months till cata.
We already have been doing so -- the thing is, if you see this on other sites first, you may not be aware that it originally comes from us and our sites and forums. Here's just a couple of links pointing to stuff we've released:
http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html?topicId=13200614423&sid=1
http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/downloads/ssotd/#latest
http://www.wow-europe.com/cataclysm/

And we have many more such updates coming ahead, some of which we may release via our official fansites again -- like the female Worgen preview that was exclusively for official fansites.
#53 - May 27, 2010, 4:05 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Just out of interest, will the stories written in this be translated and published in English? I'm all for fansites in other languages (except French), but I don't really want to learn several languages just to read them.
Google Translate is your friend (and mine!) ;-)
Q u o t e:
And I think you'll find, little crocolisk, that I have not been in the FCM thread for quite some time! You need to get over it man, move on. I have.
I remain irrevocably scarred by the experience! :-) No I really don't. I think we resolved things amicably, though, and of course we continue to keep an eye out for Dragonmaw. ;-)
#68 - May 28, 2010, 4:57 p.m.
Blizzard Post
The latest update from the front lines of the Clash of the Fansite is here! Teams from our official fansites have been furiously creating new updates for your viewing pleasure. Please check out our Clash of the Fansites page for more information.
http://www.wow-europe.com/en/esports/clashfansites/index.html