I'm a clicker ??!

#0 - May 22, 2010, 6:53 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I was watching this video of this guy getting Shadowmourne on youtube and everybody in the comment section was like "This guy's a clicker" or "wow, shadowmourne to a clicker", etc.. Naturally, I Urban Dictionary'd it and the definition I found was:

Q u o t e:
A noun which refers to players of World of Warcraft and other MMORPGs who click on spells/abilites in their user interface as opposed to binding them to buttons on a keyboard or mouse. In game, this gives them the appearance of being very slow, noobish and just plain out dense due to the increased time required to use these spells/abilities.

And I realized I'm a clicker, too. I find it very unconfortable to move my fingers from 1 to 9 on the keyboard and I don't want to rely on addons, too much; and I don't really lose much GCD, really, since I'm quite a "fast clicker" and I do good DPS, usually ..

Is it that bad to be a clicker?
#129 - May 25, 2010, 1:48 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Clicker checking in. My two pence, for what it's worth. :]

I find the drama centred around clickers to be quite comical. Last I checked I have two of my most spammy abilities bound to the mousewheel up/down which I just flail around like a madman, and one other reactive ability bound to the mousewheel click - that's it. I'll agree that with a full set of binds (ones you're comfortable with) you will see a reaction time improvement, but nothing that will impact your PvE game enough to warrant the flack us clickers get.

PvP is a different ball game, and reaction times are all important. Split second decisions can win you a game, or lose you one. That doesn't mean it's not incredibly silly when one sees a PvP video with someone taking out his foes with clicking style and panache, yet still getting people abuse them for clicking to victory. A win is, after all, a win.
#216 - May 27, 2010, 12:26 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Either tone down the trash talk folks, or this thread comes to a clicky end.