I refuse to Tank or run X, and here is why..

#1 - May 24, 2010, 5:08 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Ok your turn. What load screen pops and insta turns your stomach and makes you say "there is no way in hell I am doing this place"?

Arathi Basin.

You asked. :-p
#40 - May 24, 2010, 7:54 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Here is a fun one kids. What instance pops and you absolutely refuse to tank it, or run it in general. For me it's HHoR. I am sick of that place after having to run normal close to 40 times to get my tanking shield (Another topic), and now whenever I see HOR in any form reg or otherwise, I just refuse to do it. Ill take my 30 min debuff every time.

Ok your turn. What load screen pops and insta turns your stomach and makes you say "there is no way in hell I am doing this place"?

I give every dungeon at least one wipe before leaving. This applies to my tank and other toons as well. If we do wipe, I evaluate how we did. Taking Halls of Reflection as the popular example, if we wipe before defeating the first boss, I'm out. If we wipe on the hardest/final waves, I'll give it another try and reevaluate the situation (kick as needed, etc.).

As much as I might not need items from the dungeons, I try to keep in mind that I'm here to play the game with other people as well and the dungeon could provide some big boosts to them. At the same time I'm not here to completely waste my time for people who are super behind in gear and hopefully they understand that.
#159 - May 25, 2010, 12:49 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Well Bornakk, i know I'm playing a game with other people, and thats why i don't even try to tank HHoR on my DK anymore, cause they will be able to get a new tank and continue on their way a lot faster then having to fail with me as a tank for a few wipes

Hard for me to relate to this as I fail at nothing.

Okay, well, I maybe it's more like I am good enough to get by in dungeons and push to improve myself if I feel I'm in the fail-boat.
#295 - May 25, 2010, 8:30 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

I must say I really disapprove of this, and I believe this is why the 15 min debuff has been changed to 30 mins. I'm a bit disappointed that even a GM does this.

What happened to working together? What happened to discussing what caused the wiped, and how to prevent it from happening?

The only time I think leaving is appropriate is if the other 4 people are hurling abuse, needing on every loot, etc. But leaving after ONE wipe?

If you read what I said, the "one wipe" refers to a situation where the group completely messes up and accomplished nothing before wiping. In that kind of situation in the most difficult 5 player dungeon, it is unlikely things will go well but it depends on if it was a disconnect versus a completely unbelievable action.

Maybe I didn't make it clear enough but I evaluate the situation after each wipe. After playing this game for so long I feel I can judge pretty well the difference between people who are trying and making mistakes versus those who are being completely negligent and disruptive for the group. While I am usually able to push through honest mistakes and not wipe, if 2-4 other people are making them at the same time, well, like I mentioned above - it's unlikely things will go well.

Also, who is this GM you refer to?
#319 - May 25, 2010, 11:36 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Don't stoop to their level!! You were fine with what you posted originally!!

Don't make me /leave you!

That better? :)

Q u o t e:

Umm...if this is the way Blizzard feels, then shouldn't the LFD tool just refrain from pairing you with anyone that would 'waste your time'?

The tool is pretty open as there are a lot of group compositions that work just fine and everything goes swell. This is why I pointed out that I give every group a fair shot to see how it goes. I don't mind carrying people, I've done it a lot and will continue to do it in the future (I appreciate all the carries received by my alts to you folks out there!). At the same time, I don't want a 50+ gold repair bill due to the group just not meshing at all. We are all here to play the game and make progress, if progress isn't being made then it's probably in all of our best interests to find another group that will get through things easier/better.